Premium Member
join:2003-06-13
NH

1 recommendation

QuakeFrag to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix

Re: what is the point of 50Mbps with a 250gb cap they should use

Your analogy makes no sense. Does not relate to this at all. Having a ferrari and an aveo is a better comparison. You can get to work a lot faster (neglecting speed limits) in the ferrari, but you still travel the same distance to and from work every day. Your MILAGE (gigabytes) remains the same, but speed changed.

And I'm sure they are really worried about these truly lame caps. They take off the heavy hitters of the subscriber base, make more money off them, and the overall crowd is actually unaffected. Yea, they are in a horrible position with them. Considering almost every other provider has caps, Comcast has been one of the most generous in terms of available bandwidth.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

your not getting it

the cap is like the gov or who ever saying you may not drive more than X and if you do than bam

(ya they have a better cap than most but not as good as no cap)
if you follow the sheep and are ok with it then it'll go down hill you just say well thats ok thats fine then one day you open your eyes and say what happened

ya theyre not hurting yet but as D3 getts spread more and more the people that use over 250 will grow and grow

your seeing how it could affect you now not what this means could happen down the road

not really
@nsd2.com

not really to QuakeFrag

Anon

to QuakeFrag
This analogy is ridiculous as well.

If I have 1 hour to use the internet a day, of course the speed dictates how much content I can pull. In that 1 hour, with more bandwidth, I'm pulling more content.

Over the course of the month, I will have far more bandwidth used in the same amount of computer usage. Pretty simple. I can download multiple movies in the time I download 1 currently.

Assuming that people will use the same amount of bandwidth regardless of their throughput is quite a stretch... I by no means teeter on the brink of the cap, but you have to be kidding that you don't think someone would not just queue up more downloads at once or get more in the time they use their computer.

Who cares about their lame caps? There will be a market for power users that will be tapped into regardless of it being comcast or not. Their futile attempts to limit how much I use netflix over their own on-demand streaming doesn't matter much if/when I switch to some other service. Of course this assumes that I can find something as fast for as cheap and as much.