spc
uniqs

TT
@cox.net

TT to BandHeight

Anon

to BandHeight

Re: Visa Gift Card Registration Privacy

We always buy the Vanilla Visa cards, you can find them at places like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. They just require name/address to register for online purchases and that's it.

For larger/custom amounts you may need to go to a bank for those. Suntrust offers gift cards but I believe they're starting to only give them to people with a Suntrust account (not positive).
BandHeight
join:2004-08-30

BandHeight

** Slightly OT regarding card specifics other than privacy **

@TT & Snowy One:

Seems the Vanilla cards only currently allow a max denomination of $100 while the AllAccess cards allow up to $250 (my bank allows for more, but the AllAccess max should be enough as I planned for $200.00 per card).

Also, this concerned me in the AllAccess FAQ:
Will I be charged any fees for using my All-Access Gift Card?

No, there are no fees for making purchases with your All-Access Gift Card. There may be a monthly fee charged against any unused monetary value, based on your card type. You may view this information after you've logged into your account.

Nowhere on the AllAccess site were details about the fees mentioned, and I thought it was strange to tell the (potential) cardholder that the only way to get access to the info was after purchasing a card and logging in (a little too late to find these things out, I would say). However, I have since found specific stores offering the AllAccess cards which go into more detail about the fees, and it seems that this is the fairly common (if not universal) maintenance fee structure:
* $2.50 monthly maintenance fee that is waived for the first 6 months

The above applies to my bank, Vanilla and AllAccess.

The initial purchase fees seem to vary, though:
* My bank = $2.95 for each card purchased (any amount on card )

* AllAccess = varying fee depending on amount of card (e.g., $25 = $3.95, $100 = $5.95)

* Vanilla = varying fee depending on amount of card (e.g., $25 = $4.95; $100 = $6.95)

So, it seems the Vanilla card may be more expensive by a slight margin over the AllAccess.

** Back On-Topic **

In any case, my main goal here was to get some feedback on the information required when registering the cards, and with the help of all of you, I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to get a (non-reloadable) card without forcing the recipient to divulge too much private information and without the hassle of my having to visit a "personal banker" during incovenient banking hours.

Thanks again to all.