Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

egsavage

join:2003-01-23
Cary, NC

1 edit

Over 2:30 to connect?

Can someone from Teleblend tell me why it would take over 2 minutes and 30 seconds (2:35) to get a ring when calling NJ from NC? That is insane!

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

Since no one else has answered, I will just comment that things can often take longer here in New Jersey.

Seriously, did you actually hang on for 2 1/2 minutes?! Were you hearing ringback tones the whole time?

I have had calls fail sometimes whether on POTS landline, cell, cable company internet phone, and various VoIP providers. It's not unusual.

If your call does not connect, someone up there is trying to tell you something.

Just hang up and redial!

One important reason to hang up is that at some point you will be charged for the call, even if it did not truly connect, especially on international calls.

egsavage

Cary, NC

Hi PX.

Yes, it really took 2 1/2 minutes to connect. I called that number 3 times within an hour and was talking to someone (eventually) each time. It was 2 1/2 minutes of silence then finally the remote phone would start ringing. Later that day and the next day, no problems - quick connections.

I tried the hangup and callback - it didn't work. In order to get through, I just had to wait my 2.5 minutes each time. :-(

slow mo

join:2002-03-19
USA

Try dial # after the number. It should dial out right away.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to egsavage

said by egsavage:

I tried the hangup and callback - it didn't work. In order to get through, I just had to wait my 2.5 minutes each time. :-(
Wow. I didn't know that it happened several times in a row. That's certainly impressive. They obviously were having problems with their termination provider that day. I've never heard of anything like that.

As slow mo said, it may help on some phone systems to press the # key after you dial. Especially true on international calls. It generally won't hurt.....

If it ever happens to you again, another thing to try, if you have access to your ATA's dialing plan, is to put the sequence S0 (the second character is a zero) at the end of your particular dial plan sequence.

If your adapter is Linksys, this will have details:
»www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

This does not work on an Innomedia adapter, and probably will not work on an AC-211 either.

egsavage

Cary, NC

2 edits

PX, thanks for the info. I must have missed some prior posts... What does the 'S0' get me when/if I add it on?

I do have access to the gizmo - it's my old Sunrocket device which I changed the password on when Sunrocket went under.

Thanks.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

It may or may not be useful, being that I suspect this was TB's problem.

But this is what it's about:

"S0 (S followed by the number 0) represents 'Straight Out'. So this part of the dial plan is saying to your PAP2 that should a person dial a sequence of keys that 'fit' the above portion of the dial plan, process the call immediately (i.e., without waiting for more digits to be pressed on the keypad)".

Again, it's mainly relevant to Linksys/Sipura, not to other SR/TB adapters. Before doing anything, read through the link that I posted above (3 pages). And be sure to have a record of any changes you make if you need to change back.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to egsavage

said by egsavage:

Can someone from Teleblend tell me why it would take over 2 minutes and 30 seconds (2:35) to get a ring when calling NJ from NC? That is insane!
Wonder why no one from TeleBlend ever answered the original poster's question.

Seemed like a fair question.

-----------------------------------------------------

Can you deeply depend
on network TeleBlend,
to connect to your friends
before the day ends?

TBSupport1

join:2007-09-11
Leesburg, VA

There are so many different reasons for this particular issue.

In order to give a proper answer, the OP will need to send us a ticket with the number and time/date of the call so we can investigate.

druber

join:2000-04-11
Stow, MA
reply to slow mo

"Try dial # after the number. It should dial out right away."

I doubt it. The fast dial avoids a several second delay, not 2-1/2 minutes