All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
macaulay
join:2008-12-17

macaulay

connecting wireless router to sattelite modem

Plese I am trying to conect my wirelessN linksys router to my hughes HNS700s modem, the LAN led on the modem would not even come on at all when i connect it to the wan port on the router.

fiaranch
Premium Member
join:2007-09-12
Weston, CO

fiaranch

Premium Member

Does the LAN light come on if you connect a computer directly to the modem?

If not, then try another cable. If it still doesn't, then the modem is bad.

If it does come on, and you use the same cable to connect to the router, and it doesn't come on, the router is bad.
tobicat
Premium Member
join:2005-04-18
Tombstone, AZ

tobicat to macaulay

Premium Member

to macaulay
I got your PM It sounds to me like your router has been set to the access point mode. I do not know anything about linksys routers but the first thing I would try is to reset it back to factory defaults. Make sure use as an access point is disabled and that use DHCP is enabled.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

1 edit

grohgreg to macaulay

to macaulay
Are the other four modem LEDs illuminated?

//greg//
seaweedsl
join:2006-08-23
Mexico

seaweedsl to tobicat

to tobicat
said by tobicat:

It sounds to me like your router has been set to the access point mode. ...the first thing I would try is to reset it back to factory defaults.
If your computer connects directly to the modem, that this is the next thing I'd do as well. Hold down the little reset button for 30 seconds on the router. Usually takes a pencil tip or something.

The router should work right out of the box. Be sure to setup WPA wireless security, a unique router name and pw as well, all that stuff, once it's working....