how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbinabox2

@bellsouth.net
reply to justjayok

Re: SkyWay Experience

Cool, I just saw your post, so I forwarded it to their CFO, and everyone else down the line. What could really help, is send me your username: and City/State to tomw@bbinabox.com so they know who you are.

If I hear anything, I will let you know.

bbinabox2

@bellsouth.net

Cool, Please send you're UN as soon as you can to tomw@bbinabox.com. Thanks.

cool6887

join:2009-03-10
Jefferson City, MO

will do that right now. thanks!

bbinabox

join:2009-02-27
Louisville, KY
kudos:1

Cool, I just spoke with SkyWay USA. Your rebate was mailed to you yesterday.

cool6887

Jefferson City, MO

yes, i called today as well and nancy said it was sent out yesterday. at least we both got the same story. i will believe it when it is in my mailbox. i should ask them to upgrade me for a month to make up for this frustrating waste of time they've put me through. next i will have to deal with their 'tech support' to get the connection issue resolved. i wonder if the reason hughesnet is more expensive is because they are actually better? thanks for your help bbinabox.

cool6887

Jefferson City, MO

ok. it's now Tuesday. NO REBATE CHECK.. really? imagine that. this is the biggest piece of crap company i've ever dealt with and i'm not usually hard to get along with! mr CFO will be getting a call tomorrow. FOR SURE! plus, i'm pretty sure they've slowed down my speed. you don't think so? why don't you ask them!!!!! JERKS

cool6887

Jefferson City, MO

UPDATE: I rec'd my rebate check Saturday. Thanks to bbinabox and Nancy at Skyway. Plus my internet has been doing fine the last couple days. Hope it continues or I will have to get back in touch with them. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know the rebate showed up! Good luck to the rest of you.

bbinabox

Louisville, KY
kudos:1

cool, thank you for your awesome support and happy that I could help. Let me know if I can be of any further service to you and your family in the future.

Regards,

Tom-

sabre27

Poplar Bluff, MO

1 edit
reply to justjayok

Glad to see I'm not the only person in Mo that got stuck. My situation started when I purchased the service from GoDish, I most definity don't recommend that. He failed to ever mention the 500mb limit only to say, I could look the terms up on the web site. As far as skyways take on the problem, I was sent a message by Trish after reviewing the recording (only the part where I agreed to the terms the sales pitch was before) I should have driven to the library to research it before I bought it. Their CEO had Trish upgrade my service for 6 months even tho I'm stuck for a year. I'm a heavy user of the internet and watch movies or at least I did. If it wasn't for BBB I wouldn't have gotten this far.

RPeters

join:2007-04-02
Charlotte, NC
reply to cool6887

You know guys, I see a lot of stuff about Skyway, and it all seems to revolve around rebates that never occur and false promises from office girls, blackouts, slow speed, contracts, whatever. I've had SKYfx since 2007. They don't have a contract. I pay $40 bucks a month from my credit card. No rebate. I own the equipment. If it goes then they replace it free. When you call you literally talk to the owner. I think they are on the same dish network satellite that Skyway uses. Not sure though.

Grohgreg.....thanks for the info. I got the Belkin router and it's perfect. We did the toast.net speed test at the same time and I came in at 508 on the shuttle and my wife came in at 452. Does that sound reasonable??? Her CPU is newer than mine and we both have 2000xp?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

1 edit

Well, I don't really know a thing about what kind of plans that SkyFX offers. Far as I can tell they still don't have a meaningful website. The one-pager I found only says "10x faster than dialup". So based upon little more than that, I'd say your test speeds were better than advertised.

Don't worry about the disparity, that's normal with shared bandwidth providers. You'll even see that on back to back tests with only ONE computer. Due to latency and compression though, the bigger test files give more accurate satellite results.

//greg//
--
HN7000S/98cm Prodelin/2w Osiris/ProPlus - G16/1250H/Germantown - NAT 66.82.187.152/Gateway 66.82.25.10/DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 3 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2009

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit
reply to justjayok

Well, I mostly got my first SkyWay installed yesterday

What a fiasco

What is it about SkyWay, other than marginally better VPN connectivity, that draws people to subscribe?

$30/month for up to 256 down
That can't be it

More expensive up front $$ than WB
$20 cheaper per month (for half the speed) but need a second phone line or give up telephone during browsing - to save that $20
Same FAP as WB $50 plan

What am I missing?

Ok, I finally got it done
100 pings = 220 avg
Not bad at all
Browsing was snappier than I expected on simple pages

I can now see where someone wanting to check mail and pay bills and not a lot more would be satisfied with this

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

said by Liberty:

Same FAP as WB $50 plan
Actually the SkyWay RUP is worse. Here are the (up to) speeds and monthly throughput limits of the cheapest plans offered by Hughes, Wildblue, Skyway:

+Hughes 128/1000 6.0 GB 19 hour rolling FAP: 200MB/day permitted between 0700-0200 before throttle triggered. Takes 16-24 hours to resume normal speeds, longer if usage not reduced to that specified in subscriber agreement. No FAP between 0200-0700. See »gethughesnet.com/faq/fair-access-policy.cfm

+Wildblue: 128/512 9.8 GB 30 day rolling FAP: no FAP until 9GB used in less than 30 rolling days, throttle typically lasts until rolling total decreases to less than 70% of threshold. Longer if usage not reduced to that specified in subscriber agreement. See »wildblue.com/legal/WildBlue_Fair···2008.pdf

+Skyway: 33.6/256 2.5 GB 30 day rolling RUP: tiered throttling triggered after first 500MB in less than 30 rolling days, full throttle after 2.5GB in 30 days. Insufficient info to speculate about longer periods if usage is not reduced to that specified in subscriber agreement. Presumably similar to competition. Explanation of tiered RUP above, documented here: »www.skywayusa.com/rup.php

//greg//
--
HN7000S/98cm Prodelin/2w Osiris/ProPlus - G16/1250H/Germantown - NAT 66.82.187.152/Gateway 66.82.25.10/DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 3 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2009