spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ace H
@cox.net

Ace H

Anon

[LA] Digital Output from Motorola DCH3200

I have the Motorola DCH3200 HD Cable Box from Cox. I have audio optical out from the box to my Yamaha A/V receiver. When viewing TV with the A/V receiver sound only comes from the center channel and A/V receiver indicates audio is PCM. I can't seem to get 5.1 sound or at least sound coming from other speakers. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. When I turn on my Panasonic DVR, which I have optical out from the DVR to my A/V receiver I get Dolby Digital Sound.

P.S.II Before getting this DCH3200 box 1 week ago, I had the DCH2500 and had no problem with Digital output from optical out to my Yamaha A/V receiver.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

I think there is a setting in the dvr software in the dvr

Ace H
@cox.net

Ace H

Anon

The DCH3200 box is NOT a DVR box. And I have no problem with my Panasonic DVR. The problem is with the DCH3200 Cable Box itself (NOT a DVR box).
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

press menu on the cox remote and see what audio settings can be set.
Demetrius887
join:2008-07-12
Las Vegas, NV

Demetrius887 to Ace H

to Ace H
On the Motorola 3200 boxes , press MENU, then goto Audio Settings, under there should be the option to change all the audio settings and the codec, u want it to be on Dolby Digital.

Ace H
@cox.net

Ace H

Anon

When I turn off the DCH3200 then press Menu (on the Remote), it only shows video adjustments. As I scroll down the list when it gets to the last item it jumps back to the top video adjustment item. I see no Audio options. How do I access the audio part?
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

you need the box on not off.

Ace H
@cox.net

Ace H

Anon

DUH! Thanks. I completely forgot about that part of the box menu. I was so pre-occupied thinking it had to do with the User Setting (where you turn the box off and make adjustments). Also the fact that with my previous Digital Box (DCH2500) I did not have to make any adjustments. Thanks again!
Ace H

Ace H to ajwees41

Anon

to ajwees41
Under the Audio section there's Loop-Through (On/Off). Just curious what does this do?
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

I think it passes the audio when the box is off.

Ace H
@cox.net

Ace H

Anon

Thanks again! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I have my Dolby 5.1 back.
linuslucy
join:2009-01-21
Peabody, MA

linuslucy to Ace H

to Ace H
I have the same box from Comcast and I was curious if running an optical cable for sound to my TV makes sense with an HDMI cable. Thanks
linuslucy

linuslucy

Actually my ? is, should I run an optical out from my TV to my receiver for better sound. Right now I have composite audio out cables. Thanks