All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

Filtering out certain website for search?

Is there any way to direct google to not show certain websites via a filter or something?

Whenever I do *** + reviews I always get all these hits for dealtime and other crap that I don't want.

raul6
@78.144.251.x

raul6

Anon

did you try advanced search? otherwise no, too many variations
PittsPgh
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA

PittsPgh to XNemesis

Premium Member

to XNemesis
said by XNemesis:

Is there any way to direct google to not show certain websites via a filter or something?

Whenever I do *** + reviews I always get all these hits for dealtime and other crap that I don't want.
Try this next time

*** +reviews -crapware

ex: "Samsun lcd" +reviews -crapware

Usually when I search using multiple words or puntuations I use the quotes. Does thin down on the hits also.

Results 1 - 50 of about 1,320,000 for "Samsun lcd" +reviews -crapware. (0.31 seconds

Results 1 - 50 of about 1,600,000 for Samsun lcd +reviews -crapware. (0.32 seconds

Paul
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

3 edits

redwolfe_98 to XNemesis

Premium Member

to XNemesis
i don't see the same problem.. if i do a google-search for "samsung lcd reviews" (minus quotations) i get samsung lcd reviews..

it is possible that some problem with your computer is generating bogus results when you do the searches, like for a bogus "google" page..

you could try to capture the ip address for the "google" webpage that you are getting, and then confirming that it actually is a real google webpage, by checking the ip address.. or, confirm that it is a real google webpage in some other way.. with "firefox", you can right-click on a webpage and, in the menu that drops down, select "view page info"..