All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

unfairpoint
@verizon.net

unfairpoint

Anon

what happens to msn premium when we shift over in january?

anyone know what is going to happen to our msn premium accounts that are currently associated with verizon? will we still have access to that and thereby have access to free spysweeper and free mcafee? the flyer in snail mail was a joke in explaining what was going to happen...

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

1 edit

tschmidt

MVM

Just got "Your Internet service is changing" brochure today.

Brochure says except for email portal services do not change. All FairPoint customers need to access mail either through FairPoint portal or via POP/SMTP email application. Username, pass phase and setting stay the same. Only have to change the domain name from Verizon to Myfairpoint.net.

Interesting there is no mention of changing PPPoE login. I wonder if that means FairPoint is using open PPPoE or just ignoring the Verizon domain name?

I went to »www.myfairpoint.net/ but web site is not yet set up. Would have been nice if they at least put up an "under construction" message

Any FairPoint techs out there?

/tom

Capt
@verizon.net

Capt to unfairpoint

Anon

to unfairpoint
I haven't been able to get the clear picture on this as well. Will be lose MSN Premium? Will we loose our favorites with them? Will we loose the ability to access msn.com email ? If so what do we have to do to keep this all from taken away? Pay MSN?

CapitolismSX
@verizon.net

CapitolismSX to unfairpoint

Anon

to unfairpoint
I just got off the phone with Fairpoint tech using the number on the "brochure". They said it was a customer support/billing question. After spending a half hour with that woman, all she said was "we havent been made aware of any changes to any MSN accounts. Hopefully there isn't a bunch of services and MSN accounts that disappear along with all kinds of emails and email sub accounts. Class action anyone? They should address this before the 31st.

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

mouseferatu to tschmidt

MVM

to tschmidt
I spent a good part of my afternoon dealing with the brochure/ literature/ useless flyers that FairPoint sent out. The written stuff said nothing, and neither did anyone at FairPoint.

Having read your post, I asked tech support about the PPPoE login. They didn't know what a "PPPoE login" was, and any attempt to explain was useless. They didn't have a clue what is going to happen with existing accounts from any practical point of view.

Proactively, I am going to spend the next month getting all of my significant mail and contact info. switched over to a new address associated with one of my various commercial domains...

This sounds like it is going to be as much of a mess as everything else that they have accomplished in this area so far...

tschmidt
MVM
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

I raised the PPPoE issue on David Brooks Blog at the Telegraph. He is going to follow up with FairPoint.

»granitegeek.org/

Luckily I don't use the Verizon email account much. One of the reasons I registered a domain name years ago to to get out of the ISP of the month club during my dial up days.

/tom

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

mouseferatu

MVM

Thanks for the info, Tom.

I have enough "admin_at_****" addresses available to choose one and "land" there permanently, but I prefer the Verizon account because everyone can remember it.

I shouldn't be frustrated over small stuff, but it would be nice if FairPoint could make something easy for a change...

Arel.

tschmidt
MVM
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

Since today is 1/1/2009, the go live date for transition I though I'd try to access new myfairpoint.net web site that is supposed to be active effective 1/1/2009.

Still not active:
Server is not able to respond to your request.
Please try again!

/tom