uniqs

Plasmapunch
join:2004-03-13
Minneapolis, MN

3 edits

Plasmapunch to Sunny

to Sunny

DOCSIS 3.0 Speed Issues in Montrose, MN

I started to have issues 3 weeks ago with modem bonded channels 2 and 3. They had tech out here 4 times and did modem swap still not get the other 2 bonded channels or speeds I should be getting with the $139 monthly 50/5 tier. I see it has been upgraded also to 50/10 or 100/10? for the $139 D3 tier?

Fixed margin blowout. ~sorto'

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo

MVM

Try powercycling the 2505 a couple times. When mine was first installed only 1 of the 3 channels would sync up. After it grabbed the config file, it took a couple more power cycles for all 3 channels to lock.

Plasmapunch
Minneapolis, MN

1 edit

Plasmapunch

Yea the power cyles havn't worked for me still get the in progress for the 2&3 bonded channels.

Cjaiceman
MVM
join:2004-10-12
Castle Rock, WA
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

Cjaiceman

MVM

It almost looks like from the status page that channels 2 & 3 don't exist on your node. The modem hasn't found a frequency, a channel number or even the signal because -23.3dBmV is way out of spec, probably its way of saying nothing found. It also doesn't know the modulation even. I would get a tech out and show him this and make sure there are 2 or 3 channels to bond on your node. I know that my area has only 1 downstream channel (we have yet to be upgraded to DOCSIS 3.0, and we are a small node, less than 40 subscribers). Make sure they just didn't forget to allow more channels for bonding in your area.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

4 edits

EG

Premium Member

said by Cjaiceman:

The modem hasn't found a frequency, a channel number or even the signal because -23.3dBmV is way out of spec, probably its way of saying nothing found.
If lock is not obtained, it is considered to still be ranging/synching, so the signal stats can not be final or accurate.

Plasmapunch
Minneapolis, MN

1 edit

Plasmapunch to Cjaiceman

to Cjaiceman
said by Cjaiceman:

It almost looks like from the status page that channels 2 & 3 don't exist on your node. The modem hasn't found a frequency, a channel number or even the signal because -23.3dBmV is way out of spec, probably its way of saying nothing found. It also doesn't know the modulation even. I would get a tech out and show him this and make sure there are 2 or 3 channels to bond on your node. I know that my area has only 1 downstream channel (we have yet to be upgraded to DOCSIS 3.0, and we are a small node, less than 40 subscribers). Make sure they just didn't forget to allow more channels for bonding in your area.
I never had this issue when I got it installed back in April everything was running smooth til about 3 weeks ago. I had to rearrange and modem got unplugged then I started to have this issue. I belive I'm the only one out this way that has wideband installed. Comcast tech over the phones are no help at all. I got a tech coming again on monday. How many techs will it take to get this fixed this will be the 10th time in three weeks having a tech come out and say I can't fix it. They need to pick it up some and have more toubleshooting tools for the techs and subscribers.