All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Anaerobic
join:2008-09-02
Bronx, NY

Anaerobic to frisco09

to frisco09

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

frisco09, where in the Bronx are you located if you don't mind my asking?

tsskiller
join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY

tsskiller

Still not available near Pelham Bay Station yet.

DVRaholic
Premium Member
join:2006-01-20
Bronx, NY

DVRaholic

Premium Member

said by tsskiller:

Still not available near Pelham Bay Station yet.
Coming soon to Pelham Bay.
They are wiring near St. Theresa church, saw them over there the other day running the Fios
DVRaholic

DVRaholic

Premium Member

Just saw 4 trucks on St. Paul and 196th sttreet running yellow Guide rope for the Fios...
Looks like its coming real soon tsskiller,
real soon

tsskiller
join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY

1 edit

tsskiller

I also saw rolls of fiber above the mailbox on Continental and Westchester (and also slightly up the block where the record store used to be). Interestingly enough, the guy that I talked with over the phone said that none of the addresses on my block are pending (within the 30-day window of FiOS activation) yet.
frisco09
join:2008-03-07
Bronx, NY

frisco09 to Anaerobic

to Anaerobic
throgs neck section

DVRaholic
Premium Member
join:2006-01-20
Bronx, NY

DVRaholic to tsskiller

Premium Member

to tsskiller
Just because they are getting the Fiber doesn't mean it will be turned on next week, It will probably still be months before you can order. Getting the Fibre up is just the first step in the process.

I live in Woodlawn and i have Fios in my home. It took 6+ months after the Fibre went up on my block before I could order.

I don't think it will be this long especially since they are working much faster because of the TV now being available.

But it will still take some time, I'm guessing by February you will probably be able to order in your home, and me in my store
frisco09
Bronx, NY

frisco09

ur wrong because they did the yellow guide rope 4 weeks ago and verizon is coming to my house 2morrow to install it...
JohnA4
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

JohnA4

Premium Member

said by frisco09:

ur wrong because they did the yellow guide rope 4 weeks ago and verizon is coming to my house 2morrow to install it...
No one is wrong when quoting their experience. It takes @ a year to build out a CO. If your fiber is run first, it can easily take 6 months before they sell it. At the end of the deploy, you will be able to get it much sooner after the fiber is run. What's happening on your block, is not the rule, by which you declare people wrong.
frisco09
Bronx, NY

frisco09

your so wrong bro please i know alot about this and my cousin works for verizon he said it does nto take up 2 6 months..
JohnA4
Premium Member
Pittsburgh, PA

2 edits

JohnA4

Premium Member

I'm not your bro, and that just means there are 2 of you with bad info.

According to your own posts, those yellow ropes were run on your block on 8/18/08, over 4 months ago.
misdirection
join:2008-12-31
Rochester, NY

misdirection

Sorry if I sidetracked, HOW do I post a new thread? Seriously, the web design is HORRENDOUS! I can't find the simple button "NEW" or "NEW THREAD".

????

Thanks.
JohnA4
Premium Member
Pittsburgh, PA

JohnA4

Premium Member

Top right. New Topic