Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bess43
Premium
join:2003-07-13
Richland, WA

Uhmmmm

I don't see much recent traffic in this thread. Just quiet people on the RC5 team, or?? There was a note on someone not wanting OGR. In looking at the dnetc stats site, there is only the one person on OGR. Does BBR not have an OGR team? Just curious as with the RC5 stats, this team had to really be active at one point in time to amass the number of points it has. Is anyone here testing out the gpu cuda client for rc5??

Digital
As-Salamu Alaykum
Premium
join:2000-07-24
Cleveland, OH
Yes, I am testing the CUDA version as we speak.

[257,863,072 keys/s]

Windows Vista x64, 8800GT. This thing is way faster than my X2 5000+ ... if I remember it correctly it's even faster than my PS3 at cracking RC5. (I quit running it on the PS3, it gets too hot)

I am guessing this client will be a big boost for the team if enough of us use it.
--
Cædite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

bess43
Premium
Richland, WA
reply to bess43
Yes it would make a major difference in output if a few people ran a cuda gpu or two. I've been away from BBR for some time but have been thinking about getting active again on rc5 at least. There isn't an OGR team??

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
There never has been- most people start up the client for RC5, and it just runs (and runs, and runs....).

bess43
Premium
Richland, WA
Yep, it is a pretty stable client that just runs on and on with no intervention. I've also got a pproxy running that I'm playing around with. It's a pretty cool thing too. Once I tried out a cuda gpu client and saw how fast they grind through the work units, I tried the pproxy as it allows the gpu to suck down a new batch of units much much faster. And the pproxy then takes care of the slower internet connections.

So is there any problem if I were to run ogr?

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
kudos:1
said by bess43:

. . . is there any problem if I were to run ogr?

Knock your self out.

--
. . . seeking professional help . . .

bess43
Premium
Richland, WA
I decided that I'd just do the rc5 and tsl. Need to do a little medical stuff besides the encryption effort. We'll see how it goes or if I get bored with the tsl stuff.

Digital
As-Salamu Alaykum
Premium
join:2000-07-24
Cleveland, OH
Just got the PS3 into the mix. According to my personal Proxy I am pulling 316.5Mkeys/sec. Wow. That is only the PS3 and 8800GT running. I'll probably put it on my other graphics cards as well. (8800GTx2, 9600GT, and a 9800GT.) Should crunch well ... and man, I remember back when I couldn't keep up with the G5s.
--
Cædite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

bess43
Premium
Richland, WA
Yeah, once upon a time the G5's were the hot thing. Technology marches on. One of these days something else will come along that passes the gpu's like they are standing still.

s_kosobucki
Premium
join:2006-07-05
Stevens Point, WI
reply to Digital
I have been running the CUDA as well and get 338,673,663 keys/s with a 9800GT and 434,596,179 keys/s with a 9800GTX+. Both cards on are on Q6600's at 3Ghz which get an additional 45 Mkeys/s on each computer.

bess43
Premium
Richland, WA
reply to bess43
I'm running mine on old amd X2 systems. I keep my q6600 and q9400 stuff working on a math project. I'm running GTX260.

kieranmullen
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Portland, OR
reply to bess43
I am on OGR not RC5 since I want to be involved in something that can be completed. It is currently about 90% done.

»stats.distributed.net/participan ··· d=436911
--
KieranMullen »360oregon.com Betamax/Voipbuster Reseller »infocalls.net/vouchers
IP/Website Tools »ip.drlinky.com