dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kokujin
join:2008-05-28
Ormond Beach, FL

kokujin

Re: [cable] Webstar dpc2100r2 Port Forwording.

I running Windows XP Service pack 2, and I am running Comodo Firewall.I have disabled the firewall and tried to connect and still had the connection problem.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 edit

sashwa

Mod

Did you read the link I posted? It talks about your modem and how to configure different firewalls.

Your webstar is not a router. It's a broadband cable modem. Do you have a Router between your Cable Modem and the PC? If so, what router.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 edit

Doctor Olds to kokujin

Premium Member

to kokujin
said by kokujin:

I running Windows XP Service pack 2, and I am running Comodo Firewall.I have disabled the firewall and tried to connect and still had the connection problem.
Disabling the Firewall does not take it out of memory and it does not automatically open your ports, all it does it stop the warning dialogs and the learning features leaving it using only the rules it knows already.

»www.gamespyarcade.com/su ··· ls.shtml
quote:
Disabling firewalls will not work

Unfortunately, in most cases, firewalls/proxies cannot simply be disabled in order to allow you to use Arcade and your game. Disabling the firewall / proxy will not open the necessary ports. It will simply shut down the firewall/proxy and leave the ports closed. Also, many factors may conflict with your firewall: Internet Connection Sharing, the use of more than one firewall, or your operating system may all cause conflicts that keep you from enjoying Arcade. To work around these issues, you will need to consult the manufacturer of your firewall/proxy.

Special notes to Windows XP users:

Windows XP has a built-in firewall. If you are using 3rd party firewalls/proxies with Windows XP, you will have to consult both the firewall/proxy developer and Microsoft to determine their compatibility with one another. You will also need to speak to your game's developer in order to determine the game's compatibility with WindowsXP, its firewall and your 3rd party firewall/proxy.