All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to christcorp

to christcorp

Re: How can I avoid Dish's $5 fee with VOIPo?

Ok, thank i'll try a few thing and if that doesn't work some sa y using a wireless phonejack helps. Thanks for your help dudes!

christcorp
Premium Member
join:2001-05-21
Cheyenne, WY

christcorp

Premium Member

said by me1212:

Ok, thank i'll try a few thing and if that doesn't work some sa y using a wireless phonejack helps. Thanks for your help dudes!
Yea; there's a number of things that can help. Unfortunately; each situation is unique in itself. The cheapest is to try a DSL filter. If that doesn't work, put the DSL filter in BACKWARDS. Yes, you heard me. Where it says "TO LINE"; plug that INTO the device. Where it says "TO PHONE"; plug that into the phone line. Tele-zappers sometimes work. They are the things you use on your line to stop telemarketers. They have certain filters in them and tend to help. Wireless phone jacks (That use radio signals) have also been known to work. Some wireless jacks actually use the electrical wiring in the house. You can try those. The BEST THING however to make this, a fax, a dialup modem, etc... work on voip; is if you have the ability to slow down the internal modem of the device. If you can SLOW the device down to 9600 baud, you will improve your chances more than anything. My fax is set at 9600 baud and works flawlessly without any other accessories. This works whether my ISP is DSL or cable. Good luck...Mike....
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

"If you can SLOW the device down to 9600 baud, you will improve your chances more than anything. My fax is set at 9600 baud and works flawlessly without any other accessories. This works whether my ISP is DSL or cable. Good luck...Mike...."

The only way to slow down the 625 DVR is with the wireless jack, it has an automatic setting.

As for the DSL filter I was going to try it backwards first.

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo

MVM

If you don't get this working, Dish is dropping the $5 fee for your first dual-tuner receiver not hooked up to a phoneline or broadband starting Feb 1st.