spc
Search similar:

uniqs
data129
join:2007-07-04
Canton, MI

data129

Netflix streaming and the 250 GB cap

I'm wondering how big are those files that I get from netflix streaming video? that 250GB cap can ruin a good movie a day. Unless comcast thinks that is piratacy too. Also what about people have media centers or game consoles?

inferno4
join:2008-07-06

1 edit

inferno4

I believe the normal files (2200kbps) are about 1gig or so while the HD (3200kbps) are 1.5gigs. I am not sure, but that sounds ok to me...

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313 to data129

Premium Member

to data129
said by data129:

I'm wondering how big are those files that I get from netflix streaming video? that 250GB cap can ruin a good movie a day. Unless comcast thinks that is piratacy too. Also what about people have media centers or game consoles?
I've done 3 gigs a movie with my 8 meg connection. And have done like 3-4 movies or a box set of a series in a day and came out with like 10 gigs or a little more at the end.

For good quality, Netflix uses just about all of your connection so that's not counting doing anything else at the same time you're doing a movie.

As for the 250 cap, just make sure you're aware of everything you do, including media center or game consoles and keep it under 250GB.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 edit

Sunny to data129

to data129
»The Bandwidth Limits/Congestion Management Topic

There is a subtopic linked in the first post of that stickied thread about this ---> »Netflix streaming movies and the cap