My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

1 recommendation

fiberguy2 to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Upcoming changes?

Sorry, I disagree.. Ohio is nothing special. With a 30 day notice, they can change or discontinue your rate plan.

I think you are grossly mis-interpreting laws you are reading somewhere. You CAN just discontinue the plan and tell people you must migrate to a new plan. The key is that as long as they offer a service, they must be able to offer you a plan at another rate level.. that's all. They CAN, additionally, turn off an entire service so long as they discontinue ALL customers on the same service. IE: They just can't boot you.

It's happened. The only difference, for PR reasons, they work hard to migrate people with offers.. eventually, it comes to a point where the customer, when they weed most of them off, are sent a letter stating that they must chose a new plan or they will experience service interruption.

Refer to your agreement. Even in the middle of an agreement, terms CAN change. It's been done by all carriers at some point - see Sprint EVDO Wireless network and the 5gig caps imposed. They reserve the right to change terms at anytime AND discontinue services. The only right you have is to break from your contract, or discontinue the service within 30 days.

You are very very much confused and mis-informed.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

Sorry, I disagree.. Ohio is nothing special. With a 30 day notice, they can change or discontinue your rate plan.

I think you are grossly mis-interpreting laws you are reading somewhere.
You are very very much confused and mis-informed.
Finally someone who realizes the truth.