uniqs
share rss forum feed

n0vablast

join:2009-01-05
Moody, AL

1 edit

Big NAT problems - Speedstream 4200 - PS3

Greetings to all.

First off, I have a major headache trying to solve these NAT issues. I've tried all sorts of solutions, all to fail horribly at all of them. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm trying to get a NAT type 1 or 2 for my Playstation 3 to work properly online. (I currently have NAT type 3) It's having connectivity issues (getting kicked off, can't chat, etc..) I just finished resetting my modem, router, and ps3 all to factory defaults, so that I can start fresh I'm taking all suggestions, any that could help is greatly appreciated. I'll admit I don't know next to anything about this kind of stuff, so please be specific if you can. Below is some information about my setup:

-Im using a Speedstream 4200 modem.
-I'm connecting my PS3 directly to my modem whenever I test it.
-I have a linksys WRT54G Wireless router, however, whenever I test something for my PS3, ill plug it directly into my modem.

I can provide any other information you might need (even screenshots if necessary). Please post if you can help, I thank you ahead of time for trying to help with this issue.

n0vablast

Moody, AL

Also, if all else fails, I could just get a 2wire gateway, if that would help any. If anyone has any info on this modem/router, please let me know as well.

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

reply to n0vablast

Maybe the instructions for the 360 would help? »Re: [Troubles] Connecting XBox 360 Live to Windstream... help?

n0vablast

Moody, AL
reply to n0vablast

Tried DMZ, turning off firewall, and PPPoE is connected (it says 0/35, whatever that means) A no-go for all three.

n0vablast

Moody, AL
reply to n0vablast

Still need help, please post if you have any info.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to n0vablast

»Re: ps3 nat level 3 windstream 4200 how do i lower the nat level

said by Doctor Olds:

Playstation 3 - Port Forwarding - 4200
Question:
How can I forward ports on my Speedstream 4200 to have my Playstation 3 set up in NAT Type 2?
»windstream.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/···opview=1

Playstation 3 - DMZ - 4200
Question:
How do I set up my Playstation 3 to work with my Speedstream 4200 in a DMZ?
»windstream.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/···opview=1

--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

n0vablast

Moody, AL

Sorry, already found this on original thread, tried em both, no luck. Has anyone had success with a speedstream 4200 (nat type 2)?

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

Both ways posted do work, you are either skipping a step or not using the right IP Number.

n0vablast

Moody, AL
reply to n0vablast

Im telling you, I have tried them both, the ports are not the issue here. I assigned a static IP to my ps3, then went to my modem and enabled DMZ using my PS3's IP as the host. It did not work.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

1 edit

said by n0vablast:

Im telling you, I have tried them both, the ports are not the issue here. I assigned a static IP to my ps3, then went to my modem and enabled DMZ using my PS3's IP as the host. It did not work.
Post the first three dotted quads of the WAN IP seen in the 4200 on the System Summary page please.

How are you testing it to see it is not working?

What exactly is not working?

What setting is the Firewall in the 4200 currently on?

Windstream (and a dozen other places with the same exact steps) wouldn't post the instructions if they did not work.

PlayStation Network Settings (must be used along with specific games extra Forwarded Ports).
»portforward.com/english/routers/···work.htm

If the ports are not the issue, then what is the issue?
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

n0vablast

Moody, AL
reply to n0vablast

Not sure about the first three quads of the WAN IP, so ill post them all:

PPPoE 0/35 98.18.65.176
AccConn: modyallcs01-7200

RFC2684 Connection Summary:
2684(0) 0/35 DOWN
2684(0) 0/35-BRG UP

The internet connection test on the PS3 tells me what NAT type it is, and I play a game or two to personally test it.

Firewall is off.

Doctor Olds
Premium,VIP
1970 442 W30

And you are testing with just the 4200 and the PS3, correct?

If the 98.18.65.x IP is yours (Seen in the 4200 as the WAN IP), it shows to be pingable which is very good.

When your 4200 is not setup for the PS3 it should report NAT Type 3. Once you configure the 4200 to either Port Forward or DMZ the PS3's IP Address, then the PS3 would test as NAT Type 2.

You have a second Router, so lets try this.

Put the 4200 into Bridge Mode.

»Windstream DSL FAQ »How do I change into Bridged Mode with the 4200 or 5200?

Now setup your Router for PPPoE with your Username and Password.

Then put the PS3 IP into the DMZ of the Linksys Router you have and then test for NAT Type 2.

Regards,

Doctor Olds
--