spc
Search similar:

uniqs
barkerja
join:2007-10-10
Dryden, NY

barkerja

Samsung LCD TV -- No picture with sound

I was going to make a reply to »Samsung LCD TV No Picture but has Sound but the topic was too old.

I too have this problem, luckily I just bought it back in August so still very much under warranty.

Samsung sent out a repair tech today but as always seemed hesitant that it wasn't the tv but rather the source of the input (in my case the DirecTv box). Even after I thoroughly explained to him that the bulbs weren't illuminated and I saw no menu on the tv when I tried to change source or anything else.

He ended up replacing the main circuit board, but it wasn't 30 minutes after he left the problem occurred (but yet, never happened once while he was there). So now he's ordered a new panel which will hopefully fix it. If not, I still have a good 10 months on the warranty to get it sorted out, but frustrating nonetheless.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

model # ?
barkerja
Dryden, NY

barkerja

LN37A550P3FXZA

Sorry, should have included this in the first post.
dlritter
join:2000-09-26
Hanford, CA

dlritter

LN46A750...
Tech says either the Motherboard or the PowerSupply.
However, it seems that there are NO parts available at this time.

My son did a search and it seems there have been a rash of Samsung TC failures.
Glad I have a 32 plus in every other room!
barkerja
Dryden, NY

barkerja

TC?

And yeah, they ordered a new panel for mine.. So who knows. I have a lot of time left on the warranty, but this is frustrating as it's the only tv in the house.
Expand your moderator at work

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

4 edits

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Re: Samsung LCD TV -- No picture with sound

i would be calling every day for my money back if the part was not instock
(Full refurned includeing TAX)

if they do not comply

yes BBB works

here are some great links

»www.bbb.org/
Adamd2
join:2008-03-30
San Diego, CA

Adamd2 to barkerja

to barkerja
I was the original poster in the topic referenced here. My Samsung LN-T4661F started having this problem back in August last year (right after the warranty expired). It has been off and on since then. I took it to a repair shop once but of course it worked so the guy could not diagnose it. I've been reading a ton of stuff over at avsforum.com and have tried some things that some of the members there have. Some of the members referenced humidity as something they believed affected their sets. After it would rain the sets would stop working (no picture, has sound). They would run their A/C for a bit to get the humidity out of the air and bam, TV would work. My set started having major problems after it started getting cold and rainy for a while (San Diego) about 2 months ago. I took a space heater and put it near the set, ran it for a bit and the stupid thing would work. I've done this at least 5 times and the set comes back on every time. Now the weather has been warm and dry and the TV is working like normal. I don't for sure know the problem but it's making me wonder. I was going to start replacing parts but now I don't know what to start with. It seems one of the parts is having a connection issue. I don't believe it's the panel though because once it's on it works (left it on for 24 hours straight to test it, picture never went out).
bweezy5
join:2009-03-16

bweezy5

HI Adamd2,

I have the exact same TV (LNT-4661F) and I'm in the same situation as well. I'm out of warranty and my TV appears to have the same issues as yours. Originally, when the picture went out I tried everything before sending it to a repair shop. A few weeks later got a quote from the repair shop saying that my panel was dead and that repairs would cost $1600. Shocked I told them no that i wasn't going to repair the TV and that I would just stop by and pick it up and figure out what to do with it later. Came home with the TV and just for kicks decided to plug it in to see what would happen and it magically worked. It's been working for like 2 weeks now until I tried watching it today and got the exact same problem. The picture would come on for a second and then just disappear so all I got is just a black screen and sound only. And yes, I agree that its gotta be humidity related or something because this only seems to happen when it rains and it just so happens to have rained today and last night. Anyhow, if its possible could you email me some tips or respond back on how you fix your TV as it looks like we pretty much have the exact same problem? Thanks