spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bassetts
join:2002-12-16
Germantown, MD

bassetts

Replacement SDSL modem

I have a SDSL line with covad and have been very happy with it for a long time tell just a few months ago when the sdsl modem/router would lockup. I know what is causing the box to lockup. We have a monthly port scan by a online security firm and when they port scan us that locks the modem up every-time. We have to have the port scan so we can't get rid of that. We currently have one of the older speed stream modem/router like the (Siemens 5890)running what I am sure is VERY old code. I would like to replace it with a zyxel p-791r v2 (»us.zyxel.com/Products/de ··· 816D1028)

Dose anyone know if this will work? If so how hard would it be to configure it to work?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

I've had great experiences with Speedstream products and I'd suggest looking at a Speedstream 5851 Router.

Here is one for 25.00 at eBay. It looks like it comes with FREE shipping - Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service

»cgi.ebay.com/Efficient-N ··· 005r1610
proudy
join:2003-09-30
Merrick, NY

proudy to bassetts

to bassetts
I am curious to know if Covad charged you for that modem replacement? I have Cyberonic/Covad for many years and my router recently went bad.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by proudy:

I am curious to know if Covad charged you for that modem replacement? I have Cyberonic for many years and my router recently went bad.
The Topic Starter is obviously looking at buying their own replacement. Most ISPs do not warranty the DSL Modem/Router (ADSL or SDSL) past one (1) Year. After that it is usually something that you pay to replace if it truly fails at Year 3 or Year 8 and anywhere in between.

FWIW, Covad is not your ISP.

fallingrock
join:2000-09-22
Schaumburg, IL

fallingrock to proudy

to proudy
said by proudy:

I am curious to know if Covad charged you for that modem replacement?
New years eve of last year my netopia 4262 went casters up ... I called Covad and they scheduled an service call. The guy came out 1/2/08 and swapped it out.

I was billed for the service call, but not the modem.

david