spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sharpei192
join:2009-01-07
Roscoe, IL

sharpei192

AT&T false fire alarm

I have AT&T 8300 alarm installed in 1994 no major problems till Aug of 2009.
The fire & police arrived at 3:40 AM my alarm didn’t go off or grab the line.
It would work for a while a trip again. I downloaded Installers manual checked
System cleaned a tested it checked ok. I was sure it was at the monitoring end and
Told them that when I called for service. The tech had to travel 100+ miles so cost was
high. The monitoring service had changed some things on their end at this time I would like to if anybody else had problems around this time. Thanks’!

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

Who is the monitoring company?

I have ADT and they have messed up on their end causing false alarms that had nothing to do with my house system.
jlachowin3
join:2008-05-29
Milwaukee, WI

jlachowin3 to sharpei192

to sharpei192
Anyone else feel dumber after reading the first post?

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to sharpei192

MVM

to sharpei192
Welcome to BBR. I'm a little confused about several issues in your post.

I assume you meant Aug 2008, not 2009.
quote:
The fire & police arrived at 3:40 AM my alarm didn’t go off or grab the line.
It would work for a while a trip again
You said Alarm didn't go off or call the monitoring service. Then you said "would work for a while and trip again."

What would trip again? Did alarm go off or did alarm company incorrectly dispatch fire department?

Fire and police are normally dispatched by alarm company. Did alarm company state why they dispatched fire department if alarm did not go off?
quote:
The tech had to travel 100+ miles so cost was high. The monitoring service had changed some things on their end at this time
Did tech make a house call or did they resolve problem at monitoring service?

If tech made house call did they determine cause? Have you had any more false alarms since?

/tom

sharpi192
@charter.com

sharpi192 to sharpei192

Anon

to sharpei192
My alarm send three test codes to the monitoring company Trouble, Test an 30 day test. My system would work for a while. Then king central would call for fire alarm at my house. My alarm didn’t go off and the keypad did not show a alarm trip. Aug 2008 was the first time. The service tech was dispatched out of Chicago IL . I live in Roscoe IL, the closest service center. The tech checked the system an called In my Alarm Codes, Conditions, Response Options. And its works fine now. I was wondering if anyone
With at&t 8300 was having problems around the same time period . Thanks

koma3504
Advocate
Premium Member
join:2004-06-22
Granbury, TX

koma3504 to sharpei192

Premium Member

to sharpei192
Any idea who the authorized dealers of these alarms are??
robhouston
join:2001-09-15
Bluffton, SC

robhouston to sharpei192

to sharpei192
This reminds me of a problem I had a few years ago, when I moved my monitoring from one reseller to NextAlarm.

It seems the original reseller sold my alarm monitoring account number to someone else after I discontinued service with him, but somehow, either the resller or the monitoring company didn't change the account address. So, for several occurrences over several weeks, the fire trucks would roll to my house in NJ, even though the panel showed no alarm and I never received a call from the monitoring company. It turns out that the new account in Florida was having a false alarm problem.

You can't imagine the explaining I had to do to the local authorities over that one. Once I figured it out and got to the reseller, it was quickly resolved.

This probably doesn't apply to your situation. Good luck,

Rob
sharpei192
join:2009-01-07
Roscoe, IL

sharpei192

Thanks for reply! Sound like same problem. The fire dept was dispatched on test code.