All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

CTL_Joey
join:2008-09-22

CTL_Joey to Fox McCloud

to Fox McCloud

Re: New 10 Meg pricing

Only the 10M pricing changed today. I think this is great news for anyone that can get 10M! And yes, you do have to call to get the new pricing.

Joey H.
Embarq Reach Out
reachout@embarq.com

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.
join:2006-07-23

Fox McCloud

said by CTL_Joey:

Only the 10M pricing changed today. I think this is great news for anyone that can get 10M! And yes, you do have to call to get the new pricing.

Joey H.
Embarq Reach Out
reachout@embarq.com
any rumors/word on/if the other packages' pricing will be cut in the future?

CTL_Joey
join:2008-09-22

CTL_Joey

Nothing that I know of

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

Fox McCloud

said by CTL_Joey:

Nothing that I know of
be sure to let us know if you do hear anything!

JerseyJoe
@embarqhsd.net

JerseyJoe to CTL_Joey

Anon

to CTL_Joey
What phone package do you need to get the $44.95 price for the 10Meg service? I qualify for the 10Meg service, but they still quote me (over the phone and website) $54.95 for 10Meg. I have phone service with caller id, voice mail, call waiting. I am in New Jersey.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

Fox McCloud

if they're quoting you for $54.95 with phone service, then you're getting the $10 bundling discount....once you've established service, I'd say just call in and mention the new price structure for 10 meg--they'll then likely give you the $10 off that you want and you'll be paying $44.95 total.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

2 edits

Rob_

Premium Member

Joey, fix the routing issues that Fort Walton Beach has and I'll switch. You bounce from Orlando to Atlanta. Not necessary.

Why we can't be bounced from Tampa is beyond me. But, I need low pings. I'm sticking with cable. (for now)

Thanks for the lower price. DSL is very 20'th cent. (speed wise) but, you don't offer the crap cable has, either which is a plus. I hope you will lower the other plans, too.
I'm not making a decision until I dial 611 and hear Century Tell.

-Rob

SpaethCo
Digital Plumber
MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN

SpaethCo

MVM

said by Rob_:

Joey, fix the routing issues that Fort Walton Beach has and I'll switch. You bounce from Orlando to Atlanta. Not necessary.
That's most likely outside of Embarq's control and has everything to do with the carriers in play. In most cases, routing through Tampa would mean having to route through Dallas before you could reach east coast destinations. You can only move between carriers where they intersect, and those points of intersection only happen at a select few cities around the US.

Take a look at some network maps from the major carriers and you'll see how the pattern unfolds:

»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· /BTN.jpg
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· kMap.jpg
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· 0map.jpg
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· 0Map.gif
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· full.jpg
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· tmap.jpg
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· _map.jpg
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· _map.gif
»www.isp-planet.com/img/b ··· full.jpg

Brett C
join:2004-08-03
Olathe, KS

1 edit

Brett C

Agreed, check out the peering points of Level3 and SprintLink. They only meet every so often ( Sprint: »www.sprint.net/performance/ ) (Level3: »www.level3.com/downloads ··· _map.pdf ) Quite a difference I have to admit. Once you cut out the fluff lines.

EDIT: Level3 says they have multiple routes through Kansas city. Yeah, a work in progress maybe? Only way out of KC is via KC to St. Louis at the moment.