« [Suspension] 08 Tahoe Front End / Suspension1964 Indy 500 »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 ... 12 · 13 · 14 · next

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings to EGeezer

to EGeezer

Re: Post a picture of your ride!

You must take pretty good care of it. The car looks immaculate.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

EGeezer

Premium Member

said by No_Strings:

Thanks! I try to keep it garaged, clean and well maintained and drive it like I want to keep it. I think that's paid off, as it runs as nice as it looks. I added an under-the-hood view to the photo post which has only changed as a result of replacing the radiator. I'd patched a crack, but it only lasted 7 months until it started seeping again.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
said by No_Strings:

I agree it looks almost brand new given the age and miles on it. I always say take care of your car and it will take care of you. I have friends who's cars are brand new and look like hell and wonder why my 1999 still looks new.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

3 edits

sailor to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
EDITED....to remove reply..
sailor

3 edits

sailor

Premium Member

duplicate

chmod
Premium Member
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL

2 recommendations

chmod to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Click for full size
One of them. 93' yj wrangler with the bulletproof 4.0 straight 6 and 5 speed. Didn't take the blizzard as seriously as I should have and had to make a run for gas before I could fire up the snow blower. Even with 33" yokohamas and 4x4 the snow was so deep. Couple runs at it and I made it to the street

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Azle, TX

GTJiga to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Got some new wheels and tires for my GT. I was on 17x8.5 rim with 235 tires which were way to skinny, never had any traction.

Just put on 18x9 in the front on 255/45/18 and 18x10 in the rear on 275/40/18

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

looks sharp. any clearance problems when turning sharp? i'm sure you've already noticed the difference during a hard launch. wider tires make a big difference.

what is that green stuff on the ground? damn southern folks and their year round green yards

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
Azle, TX

GTJiga

Premium Member

said by thegeek:

looks sharp. any clearance problems when turning sharp? i'm sure you've already noticed the difference during a hard launch. wider tires make a big difference.

what is that green stuff on the ground? damn southern folks and their year round green yards

Thanks!
No clearance problems, yet... I want to get some lowering springs and maybe do a 1.2 front and 1.5 in the rear. Not sure yet.

And ooooooohhhhh yes, much better launches now I love having traction finally!

Still need to throw on my stripes (2x 12" black lemans stripes), new sequential taillights, and tinted film for the blinkers. Once my old wheels and tires sell I'll be able to get the front lip I've been eying for a while.

thegeek
Premium Member
right here

thegeek

Premium Member

the sequential taillights have a nice look. i changed out the taillights in my 94 cobra for a set from a 98 gt just so i could do the sequential lights. i got the set of lights from the 98 gt for free. it was in a head on collision and was a total. the owner took it to my brother-in-laws body shop to see what it would cost to fix. the guy decided to just have it sent to the junk yard so i grabbed the taillights before it went.
Expand your moderator at work

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member
join:2009-09-11

The Pig

Premium Member

Re: Post a picture of your ride!

We're still waiting!

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

1 recommendation

MEDIAN2k3 to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Click for full size
Click for full size
My one and only car

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 96k

bobbagels
Just Another Scorpion Mechwarrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-15
Matawan, NJ

3 recommendations

bobbagels to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
1983 Oldsmobile Toronado

Paint-Candy Apple Root beer incorporated, painted wood crackle pin striping.
19” 150 spoke rims
Reduced size Vouge tires
Lotsa new chrome
$7,000.00 stereo system. 3,500 watts. 3 amps,14 various speakers will make the hair on the back a ya neck stand up.
The object at the time was to achieve a certain sound I was looking for without using a EQ. WE DID THAT J
Voice activated GPS/navigation
4 TV’s 1-21” built into dashboard,1 in rear view mirror,1 pops up out of driver side dash and 1 on roof
2 DVD players
Auto roll down windows }
Both controlled through alarm remote
Auto opening doors }
Rear view camera
Mega alarm system
Interior neon lights (complete interior lights up blue, including ac vents)
Complete new interior (seats,rug,header,door panels) (soft leather and swade) (it’s a double plush interior)
New canvas roof with hand made chrome moulding
EXTERIOR LIGHTS-
Strobe lights front and rear
1 set neon LCD’s light through spoke rims
1 set of neons light upper wheel wells
3 sets of neons light under car with various function settings (both sides,front nose and rear end)
European sealed beam headlights with blue LCD accent lights and H4 blue main bulbs
No door handles, shaved off
Added chrome to hide all actual lighting so as to see light effect only, not to see lights themselves
Power plant in trunk
Altered charging system under hood with 2 Kinetik batteries

I think theres more but I cant remember now.
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

Would love to see some interior pics if you would...which engine is powering it? You have all the work done or buy her like that? Awesome color..who painted it?

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member

1 recommendation

The Pig to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
I'm hoping this car is still up for sale in Vegas when I go there on the 21th of this month.

1991 Cadillac Fleetwood

bobbagels
Just Another Scorpion Mechwarrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-15
Matawan, NJ

bobbagels to sailor

Premium Member

to sailor
I'll take some interior pics and post em.

Engine is original 5.0

I got this car smashed like a pretzel.
A tree fell on it and it was a mess.
Front right tire was actually touching the engine.

I have done alot of work on er myself and alot done by professionals.
A place in LI painted it. East Coast Restorations (ask for guy)

I have put more $$ into it than I care to admit.
I just added 6 more strobes since that list and am expecting the grille back this week. (new chrome)

I tell ya one thing though. When I put on all the TV's and light er up, I get a crowd around the car every time LOL.

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
Azle, TX

GTJiga

Premium Member

Damn Bobbagels, that looks clean! Please post some interior photos!

*EDIT* Oh and btw... my racing stripes went horribly wrong. I was drunk... it was windy... you get the picture. $100 down the drain. I did manage to salvage enough to do the reverse C striping if choose to.

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings to The Pig

to The Pig
Pig, the only thing that beauty is missing is a spray-on vinyl roof.

sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor to bobbagels

Premium Member

to bobbagels
said by bobbagels:

I'll take some interior pics and post em.

Engine is original 5.0

I got this car smashed like a pretzel.
A tree fell on it and it was a mess.
Front right tire was actually touching the engine.

I have done alot of work on er myself and alot done by professionals.
A place in LI painted it. East Coast Restorations (ask for guy)

I have put more $$ into it than I care to admit.
I just added 6 more strobes since that list and am expecting the grille back this week. (new chrome)

I tell ya one thing though. When I put on all the TV's and light er up, I get a crowd around the car every time LOL.

From smashed up to where you have her today....that is pure dedication and $$$$........I especially like how you stated in your previous post describing your ride

"Added chrome to hide all actual lighting so as to see light effect only, not to see lights themselves"

Classy move....

In addition to int pics please take one or two at night with everything turned on.....Let us see the show

And I hear you about putting more $$$ into it than you care to admit....a common thing with serious auto enthusiasts and it seems we never get back what we put into it but it is the pride and joy of taking something and turning it into something entirely different that makes it all worth it.

I see your in Jersey so need to ask if you have it insured with American Collectors who are based out of Cherry Hill, NJ?

I recently picked up a 1978 Jeep J10 full size pickup 4x4 with a very built and high performance AMC 360-V-8 5.9L in it. Previous owner spent years and many hours of sweat not to mention a lot of $$$$ to get it looking really nice....When I bought it I immediately added it to my regular auto insurance policy with Amica ( who are awesome ) since I was extremely anxious to get her on the road.

Then about a week later I switched insurance over to American Collectors....I put a stated value on the truck of $10k ( previous owner had it insured for $20k) with a annual mileage requirement of 5k max which is no where near what I will put on it. I went with just enough liability to meet NY requirements and then added comprehensive ( no collision ) with a deductible of $1k....all to keep the yearly premium as low as policy.

Yearly premium came to $115.00 total...just awesome.

Great people to do business with and in addition to vehicle age requirement ( which yours qualifies for ) must submit a photo to them and also keep vehicle in locked enclosed garage and finally has yearly max mileage limits but they are very generous with that. Also must have at least one other so called regular vehicle insured ( with anyone ) and registered in your name/address. Which they will assume is your daily driver and your classic vehicle only to be used for car shows and the occasional leisure drive.

Looking forward to your other pics...a truly unique and what I like to call "Done Right" classic ride!

Great job you've done with her!
sailor

1 edit

1 recommendation

sailor to bobbagels

Premium Member

to bobbagels
some photos of my 1978 Jeep J10 4x4...

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium Member

The Pig

Premium Member

I lost out on the above ride!
I'll just have to grab a newspapaer while I'm in Vegas and see what is on sale!

leadheadcomp
Premium Member
join:2003-04-18
Scottdale, PA

2 recommendations

leadheadcomp to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Click for full size
MY Ride
Click for full size
My 13 yr old daughters car!
My Truck 2007 GMC Sierra
The daughters 2002 Junior Dragster 7.90 Sec at 85mph in the 1/8th mile will do 7.60 But Rules limit the ET
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

Nice truck and cool dragster your daughter pilots....By the looks of the trophies she must be tearing the competition up. Good for her...

A friend has 3 young boys...oldest probably no older than 9 or 10 and down from there...the two oldest boys have their own dragsters and they load them in the trailer and off they go racin on as many weekends as they can..1/8 mile as well...a real family affair...mom, dad, the three boys....

Your daughters gorgeous wavy hairy immediately made me think of a young Robert Plant.

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
Azle, TX

GTJiga to leadheadcomp

Premium Member

to leadheadcomp
Those JR Dragsters can really run! Last Pro Mod event I went to had a few JR Dragsters run between heats. Pretty cool to watch them fly down the 8th
snedo
join:2008-07-20
Hilliard, OH

snedo to Mickeyme3

to Mickeyme3
2000 Ford Taurus (Duratec Engine, 24 valve DOHC, 200hp and torque. It's been a wonderful car, I've kept it in great shape for the past year I've owned it (previous owner was my mom, who grandma'd it and it always was in the garage. 120k miles and it drives wonderfully. The Duratec engine is pretty beefy, the DOHC engine really makes acceleration powerful. It's pretty damn fast too, I get up to 60 in no time, I have to be careful sometimes. Got a 6 speaker sound system in it (called Mach audio, never heard of it, but it sounds wonderful, w/ 6 CD slots) with full leather, auto climate control, sunroof, I love it. Also love how big the trunk is, I can fit my bike in it.

Sorry for the huge pics, you can thank my weird phone.

Oh, and sadly she is rusting in two spots, I want to maybe take it to a body shop and get an estimate to fix it...any ideas? Here's a pic of it, it looks the exact same on the other side of the vehicle:
»img862.imageshack.us/img ··· 8nql.jpg
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

Real nice looking Taurus and it shows you've taken good care of it...as for the rust, no guess on estimate but get it taken care of a.s.a.p. before it rust all the way through...then you'll really have a problem.

And to dress up the looks of that steering wheel this cover is real good......I put one on my 04 Crown Vic and it fits, looks and feels great. Can't beat it for the price.

»www.amazon.com/Style-Pre ··· 6&sr=1-2

thegeek
Premium Member
right here

1 recommendation

thegeek to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Click for full size
I just picked up my new truck today. I was thinking about getting a 2011 Ford F150. But decided spending over $40k just for a truck to haul a boat that I might not even buy wasn't a good idea. So instead I spent $19000 on a 2008 Dodge Dakota Laramie 4x4 with the 4.7L V8. Loaded with every option except for nav and sun roof. Only 30k miles. Still has 6k miles and 7 months left on the warranty. The 7 months will be up before I put 6k miles on it. The truck will mostly just sit in the garage as my daily driver is a 2010 Ford Fusion SEL V6. The truck replaces my shitty old 2001 Suzuki XL-7. Although the truck seats 5 it's still not big enough to haul around my entire family of 7. That's why my wife has a 2008 Toyota Sequoia. Any more kids and I'll need a bus.

Anyway, I'm a happy truck owner now. I'm going to start looking into tonneau covers now. I want one that is hard but folds up. I like the look of the solid covers but their a bitch if you ever need to put anything on the bed.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

3 recommendations

Caddyroger to Mickeyme3

Premium Member

to Mickeyme3
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
My Camaro 2011 RS with 312 hp v6 auto trans
I would call it ruby 2 but their is a ruby here on dslr already.

GTJiga
06 GT
Premium Member
Azle, TX

GTJiga

Premium Member

Nice clean looking Dodge thegeek!

Stepped on it yet caddyroger? I've heard those V6 Camaros are quite impressive. Looks nice!

I never can get a Camaro out here to just step on it from a red with me.
Every once in a while I like to just launch from a red light when it's clear up front on certain roads I take. Had a few Camaros next to me but I just can't get them to run with me.
All other cars besides the upity BMW5/Mercedes owners seem to want to.

Any mods planned for the future?