All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

DocL
@comcast.net

DocL to dishrich

Anon

to dishrich

Re: EAS freezes my ability to change channels (Comcast)

I'd like to avoid using the IR cables. I did use them for several months last year, and found their performance disappointing at best in terms of changing the channel to the expected channel; they had a strong preference for tuning to the low single digits (I had a long talk with a Tivo tech about this during the summer; they sent me a replacement serial cable, and I was suddenly in channel tuning heaven).

I hadn't known that Comcast doesn't support the serial Tivo connector; that's dismaying, since the IR connector functions so poorly.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

said by DocL :

I'd like to avoid using the IR cables. I did use them for several months last year, and found their performance disappointing at best in terms of changing the channel to the expected channel; they had a strong preference for tuning to the low single digits (I had a long talk with a Tivo tech about this during the summer; they sent me a replacement serial cable, and I was suddenly in channel tuning heaven).

I hadn't known that Comcast doesn't support the serial Tivo connector; that's dismaying, since the IR connector functions so poorly.
Get a DVR box. Problem solved.