spc
Search similar:

uniqs
unhappycable3
join:2009-01-08
Ocean City, NJ

unhappycable3

[CDV] bad tech that came to my house

i live in ocean city NJ. i had a in house tech come over to my house to fix a on going problem with the speeds on my pc and my phone service that comes from the same modem.it was a 5 to 9 time. the tech that came out was there the last time. he told me that my pc was trash and my phones are not able to work with phone system. never looked at the cable. went outside talked on the phone. came back in said there nothing wrong outside.this time he came in asked if i got my pc fixed which i took to my it guy i work with an he said that the comcast tech did not know what he was talking about ping time 89ms speed where great. by this point i just told him to leave. he did. i call back told the rep what happened she said that she would the his boss about the problem. an they would call me back. she made another appointment for a 9 to 1 the next day he came out a ocean cable tech there contractor. he found the ground block as he called it was full of water and my drop needed to be replaced. he did it i have not had a problem since.
i would never do this but this guy need to go back to school or be retrained the work order only has this tech #177
he would not tell me his name. his office never called me back the contractor gave me his name and phone number if i was to have any other problem they would come back and fix it. i hope that someone from comcast reads this.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6

Not good, not one bit... Was the original tech a Comcast employee or one of their sub-contractors?

ip support
@comcast.net

ip support

Anon

Sad, but it doesn't matter if they are contractors or in-house techs. If you don't see them with a meter, approaching your house, then they never checked the RF levels. Typically contractors are notorious for not checking RF, since management doesn't enforce RF checks, repeated Trouble Calls will continue unabated, ie ... Status Quo. Recommendation: Find out what the RF standards for your area, Upstream/Downstream and SNR ( Signal-to-Noise ratio ). When you have a tech at your residence, give them a chance to do their job, but before you sign off on anything, or kick them out, ask them what your RF levels are, and have them write it down and sign it. Keep that for when you get someone on the phone who actually understands, sadly, this usually isn't management. So asking for a phone-reps supervisor isn't likely to get it much further.
SteveTeow
Premium Member
join:2009-01-06
Voorhees, NJ

SteveTeow to unhappycable3

Premium Member

to unhappycable3
said by unhappycable3:

i live in ocean city NJ. i had a in house tech come over to my house to fix a on going problem with the speeds on my pc and my phone service that comes from the same modem.it was a 5 to 9 time. the tech that came out was there the last time. he told me that my pc was trash and my phones are not able to work with phone system. never looked at the cable. went outside talked on the phone. came back in said there nothing wrong outside.this time he came in asked if i got my pc fixed which i took to my it guy i work with an he said that the comcast tech did not know what he was talking about ping time 89ms speed where great. by this point i just told him to leave. he did. i call back told the rep what happened she said that she would the his boss about the problem. an they would call me back. she made another appointment for a 9 to 1 the next day he came out a ocean cable tech there contractor. he found the ground block as he called it was full of water and my drop needed to be replaced. he did it i have not had a problem since.
i would never do this but this guy need to go back to school or be retrained the work order only has this tech #177
he would not tell me his name. his office never called me back the contractor gave me his name and phone number if i was to have any other problem they would come back and fix it. i hope that someone from comcast reads this.
unhappycable-
I apologize for your recent experience with one of our techincians. These types of action are not acceptable. I would like to escalate this ASAP.

Please email your account telephone number at steve_teow2@cable.comcast.com
Steve Teow
Comcast Corporate Office
unhappycable3
join:2009-01-08
Ocean City, NJ

unhappycable3

Steve i would like to but i am not sure it i would go that way he work in my town and since the contractor fix it 3 weeks ago i have not had any down time. i would just like someone to know about it i am writing this from a friends house who works for comcast an he tells me this guy has had a lot of problems with customers. but thanks if you need any info from my work order let me know

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6

Sounds bogus...