deke40
deke40
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Texas

deke40

Premium Member

XM Radio Signal

The last two days I have noticed a skip(loss of signal) every once in awhile on my auto installed XM radio.

Has anybody had a similiar problem?

It just lasts for a second then doesn't reapeat for awhile.

Haven't had a chance to check my wife's car to see if it has the same problem.
deke40

deke40

Premium Member

I guess I am not alone in this problem.

»xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=99208

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper
join:2001-11-03
New Iberia, LA

chucky5150 to deke40

to deke40
I drove from one side of Texas and out the other with out any problems about a week or so ago. Well at least no problems that come to mind.

deke40
deke40
Premium Member
Texas

deke40

Premium Member

Mine quit the skipping about two days after my post.

Sounds like you went from Orange to El Paso. What a long drive but luckly they have the 80MPH speed limit the otherside of San Antonio.

I made a Angleton to Baton Rouge and back in a little under 10 hours Saturday morning to pick up a truck for a customer.
Be glad when they get the road from Beaumont to the state line finished.

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper
New Iberia, LA

chucky5150

said by deke40:

Sounds like you went from Orange to El Paso. What a long drive but luckly they have the 80MPH speed limit the otherside of San Antonio.
It was part of my drive out to Central Cali. 1750 miles just to get to Las Vegas.

I still have to drive back...

Thank God for XM radio

deke40
deke40
Premium Member
Texas

deke40

Premium Member

What is great I can listen to my favorite stations anywhere. On my last trip to Colorado I only lost the signal a couple of times and that was when we had mountains on both sides of us.

The six discs on both cars are a waste as I haven't played a cd in quite awhile. I did burn all 153 cds to my Samsung P3 and now use it when we deliver a car without xm.

Haven't had the skipping problem but the one time.
deke40

deke40

Premium Member

I guess everybody is joing the "raise the price bandwagon".

This applies if you have two subscriptions.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

Drex to deke40

Premium Member

to deke40
I noticed this problem recently. I have always hit certain spots where I lose signal, but this week there were some new spots. Of course I don't have a very good XM radio (free after MIR), so I lose signal going under an overpass.

chucky5150
Divers do it Deeper
New Iberia, LA

chucky5150

said by Drex:

Of course I don't have a very good XM radio (free after MIR), so I lose signal going under an overpass.
Even the good radios do that. I would be nice if they could have built in some kind of buffer so things like that wouldn't happen as much.

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium Member
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Thespis to deke40

Premium Member

to deke40
I've had two different radios that did the same thing. The first was a failure of the Delphi wired FM modulator. The XM antenna plugs into the modulator and there's another wire from there to the radio.
I started having the problem again a couple of weeks ago. I eliminated the modulator and still have the same problems in the same geographic locations.
Could the problem be XM shutting down "excess" terrestrial repeaters?