spc
uniqs

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude to anonuser6606

to anonuser6606

Re: Sorry, Verizon the Gsm World is way head of you!

How many devices work on a GSM network , let me see thousands ?

anonuser6606

Anon

Exactly the point of Gsm Technology!!!
anonuser6606

anonuser6606 to DaveDude

Anon

to DaveDude
»hspa.gsmworld.com/ according to the website it states there on the website the facts of how many devices, are Gsm capable handsets. Its a big difference from chunky Cdma cell phones, and therefore the Gsm technology cell phones count is 1,053 devices are capable of gsm signal technology compaired to Cdma. Which is limited to a hundred at max or so, I am guessing!!!
Big Dawg 23
join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN

Big Dawg 23 to anonuser6606

to anonuser6606
What is the point of GSM if they are rated at the bottom for reliability on signal and quality? Yeah it is nice to have a more open choice on handset but with no signal it means nothing. Besides this won't matter when W-CDMA is launched by most carriers here in the US(AT&T and Verizon).
VladMethos
join:2006-06-24
Gainesville, GA

VladMethos

The world has gone bonkers over "open" everything and fail to realize that in some cases, open means poorer quality - in order for companies to invest in technology (R&D) to improve networks (in this case), they actually have to make money. The companies also have to make money due to investors who also want to make money (capitalism at its finest). Sum all this up and if you allow thousands of devices on a network without possibility of making money, then where is the investment in R&D coming from or investors investing? Uh...its not and the networks suffer (AT&T being a great example). Whether or not a company makes too much money or not, is not where I am going with this (its subjective) - the reality is a catch-22; GSM is more open and lower performing while CDMA is more closed and higher performing - so what do you want open and bad or closed and good?

Regardless, if you want cheap, fast or good, you only get 2!