Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GlitchBob

join:2008-06-23
Bronx, NY

Bronx Boost issues

Click for full size

Anyone else in the area experiencing similar results?

Large image is from 8pm last night. Download speed wasn't as fast as it should be and the upload test went nowhere.

Smaller results image is from 3pm.

sh0ckie

join:2002-07-10
Bronx, NY

1 edit
I'm having problems with boost in the Bronx too (10468).
Here's what speedtest.net is showing:

On top of that, my connection completely died for a few seconds a couple of times yesterday and today.

PS: While checking things on my end, I noticed my IP changed from the usual 69.x.x.x to 173.2.x.x

Calendarman
Business Ultra user

join:2000-11-21
Mount Kisco, NY
reply to GlitchBob
Many boost issues. remove Boost and things will be ok.

sh0ckie

Bronx, NY
said by Calendarman:

Many boost issues. remove Boost and things will be ok.
I noticed quite a few topics with Boost on the subject in the OOL direct forum. What's wrong?

Calendarman
Business Ultra user

Mount Kisco, NY
Exactly what is wrong I don't know. But in the past few weeks I had two major incidents where speed was unusable, with almost no upload speed, and it lasted for several hours. The area manager said they are doing some work to improve Boost speeds, but they have problems. He suggested that since running my business is totally internet dependent, that I remove the boost, at least for now. He had it removed about 3 weeks ago, and no problems since. In fact, the lower speeds have been good enough for me. The only time I really see a slight difference is when I upload a very large file to my server, and it is only a few seconds difference. So based on this, I will keep Boost off, since I have been advised by a Cablevision "Higher up", and think everyone having this problem should do the same.
--
Business Optimum Online User-no games, no music-just business (and a little pleasure)

sh0ckie

Bronx, NY
reply to GlitchBob
Thanks Calendarman. My Boost is still broken.
Unless it's fixed overnight (fat chance) I'm going to remove boost when I go exchange a couple of set top boxes tomorrow. The non-HD box died on Saturday and refuses to turn back on. The other box is a non-HD DVR that has become useless. It worked fine for a while, but recently some channels like History International freeze up and/or get muted till I change channels and go back. Going to cancel DVR too. OV is about the only thing that's still working fine for me these days (not counting the modem resets on boost). If that gives me problems I'll probably have to leave CV altogether before fios gets to my area.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the neighborhood isn't oversaturated without boost.

Calendarman
Business Ultra user

Mount Kisco, NY

1 edit
Yopur problem may be different. The Boost problem normally involves an almost non-existent upload speed, yours is fine and you should be able to work with it.
--
Business Optimum Online User-no games, no music-just business (and a little pleasure)

Shamayim
I already have a Messiah.
Premium
join:2002-09-23
reply to GlitchBob

The Bronx
No issues. Did you try rebooting the modem?

GlitchBob

join:2008-06-23
Bronx, NY
Yes, I've tried rebooting it several times now.

Still horrid upload speeds.

Attached test was done a moment ago.