spc
uniqs

copperalldaway
@dsl.bell.ca

copperalldaway to sbrook

Anon

to sbrook

Re: Rogers the Robbers

LOL, just steal cable from robbers, just like I do. I have not piad for cable in the last 9 years.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

said by copperalldaway :

LOL, just steal cable from robbers, just like I do. I have not piad for cable in the last 9 years.
And this is the reason that precious few digital channels are not encrypted.

copperalldaway
@dsl.bell.ca

copperalldaway

Anon

I called rogers in 2000 to cancel my cable, the only thing they canceled was my billing, to this day know one has come to my house to disconnect my cable. Oh ya and the cable ped is in my backyard so if they ever do disconnect it won't be a problem to connect it back up.

peteathome
@rogers.com

peteathome

Anon

Dude. They do audit the boxes occasionally. I was getting premium channels for a number of years (for free), but was paying for basic. In October my cable suddenly reverted to basic. I checked the logs for the cable modem and sure enough there had been a disconnect/reconnect around 7:00 a.m...Oh well. I'm not about to crack open the pedestal or the greybox with a GTT7 and risk getting my ass sued. It's not worth it. I got what a I got for free. I'm happy. But, realize that eventually they'll audit your line, realize that the signal is not what it should be (since it's based on an analog wave form, how hard do you think it is if they're working in the area. They don't actually have to come to your house you know), and they'll disconnect. No explanation. And if they find you tampering, because they will check up on the box every couple of weeks for the next year you know, they'll just cut the service off (up the pole next time) totally and you'd have to pay big bucks to get it back online. Or face theft of service and a cop knocking on your door to take you to jail. Whatever I guess. Enjoy for free, but it will never last.

Without malice or anger.

Pete.