how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jabber

join:2006-06-19
Scarborough, ON
reply to koolaid48

Re: Single-link MLPPP on Windows with Virtualbox (instructions)

Try downloading the latest version of VirtualBox. I remember the version quoted in the original message didn't work out well for me either (frequent BSOD's, restarts, etc.)

Yep, you should still be running your firewall even with VirtualBox w/ Zeroshell.

Noeffix

@3menatwork.com
reply to Guspaz

Ok this post is relativly old.

We know have Windows 7 running,
VirtualBox as a v3?
is the Zeroshell image still valid?

Can someone post what changes are required now?

How about Single-Link Mlppp on 7? Is it fixed? Do I still need to do this? or i could enable it on windows 7?

l0thar

join:2005-12-29
Far Far Away
kudos:1

Windows mlppp is now working again, as long as you sign up for the $4 a month package.

So, if you prefer that route, it's open for you.

noeffix

@72.0.201.x
reply to Guspaz

Well, in fact, I posted on tekSavvy due to this post, but Im on Radioactif. They say their servers accept MLPPP. I checked it in windows 7, but I still seem to be throttled. If i check it, and its not supported, would it still connect?

seekad

join:2009-07-16
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to Guspaz

Hi everyone, I'm Bob, long time reader first time posting.
I used this guide about 4 weeks ago, everything was working perfectly, but since today July 16 at 7am zeroshell stopped working.

I keep getting this message over and over, cant even access the shell command to try and update to zeroshell beta12

Any and all help are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

jacketfeng

join:2008-12-21
Toronto, ON

1 edit

i had a same problem with seekad

Kev
TekSavvy.com
Premium
join:2005-06-12
canada
reply to Guspaz

Guspaz is genius. But I'm still no savvy enough to get my hands on MLPPP.

I live in the same city as Guspaz lol well Montreal and South-Shore just bus 45 across Champlain Bridge.
--
PixiWork

koolaid48

join:2008-06-22
reply to Guspaz

Is there a way to do a clean Zeroshell start? (delete all settings).

I tried single link before but i'm reinstalling it to see if it works now that i have mlppp.

xPBxNaStY

join:2007-08-17
Harrow, ON
reply to Guspaz

just curious, can i do single link MLPPP on windows without using virtualbox now? or is that still broken.
thanks.

Angelo
The Network Guy
Premium
join:2002-06-18

it works now

xPBxNaStY

Harrow, ON

1 edit
reply to Guspaz

k thanks. i'll have to get myself a new router and modem since my speedtouch feels it needs to reset itself 5 times a day. so i might as well get a wrt54gl and a modem so i can use mlppp.

thanks again.

EDIT: sorry forgot to ask, would the best place to get a wrt54gl be on canadacomputers?

also, and recommendations for a modem? just looking for something easy to use and reliable, thanks.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

»www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as···-Product

xPBxNaStY

Harrow, ON
reply to Guspaz

Well I ordered the router and modem, just waiting on them to come in. If I have troubles setting everything up I'm sure you guys will be glad to help.

Dave.

Leathal
Premium
join:2002-02-09
canada
kudos:2
reply to Guspaz

Great, now what about people who have firewalls connected to their Teksavvy service, such a SonicWALL, Cisco ASA, etc?

What do you suggest?

Leathal

xPBxNaStY

Harrow, ON
reply to Guspaz

well i have everything set up and working, now does anyone have a post where i can see all the recommended settings to set everything to in Tomato?

kpurd

@teksavvy.com
reply to Guspaz

I've gotten zeroshell to work before but i recently had my hard drive fail on me so ive had to redo it all, but i seem to be getting the same error as seekad.
i can still login to the zeroshell settings in firefox but when i go to networking settings i see that the pppoe never connects and highlights the ETH00 in red.

kpurd

@teksavvy.com

sry i gotta give this a bump!
i really need to know what this error means does anybody know? it's so fustrating not being able to get this thing to work