Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Grounded01

join:2007-12-13
canada

1 edit
reply to Guspaz

Re: Single-link MLPPP on Windows with Virtualbox (instructions)

Thank you, this is excellent!

"hit next a lot" is the most straightforward line of instruction I've ever had!

I've run into one problem - changing my subnet mask. I know how to do this on Vista, but I'm not sure what to enter for IP address & default gateway if I'm entering 192.168.0.42 for subnet mask. Please advise on those (and if I should also enter DNS servers.)

EDIT: Probably everyone in this forum (other than me) knows the too-obvious answer.

Trisomy21

join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON

Awesome guide. Bye again throttle!

Trisomy21

join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON
reply to Grounded01

You only need to change your IP address to 192.168.0.x
in TCP/IP properties. I left DNS blank IF you're automating it the DHCP stuff through ZeroShell.

Grounded01

join:2007-12-13
canada

Thanks Trisomy,

Maybe I'm confusing this a bit more than I thought. I'm changing this in TCP/IPv4 > Properties. When I have set IP in the past I've always had to set IP, Subnet mask, and Default Gateway. Of course I've never set them for VirtualBox. I'll try just setting the IP & see what happens...

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

If you did the DHCP setup part of the instructions, then you can just set everything to be obtained automatically. If you want to do the setup yourself, leave the subnet mask at the default (should be 255.255.255.0, I believe), set the IP to something in the 192.168.0.x range (that doesn't conflict with anything else), and set your DNS server to 192.168.0.75.

ZeroShell will act as its' own DNS server. It doesn't use TekSavvy's, it does the same thing as TekSavvy's.