Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

1 recommendation

Camelot One

MVM

Not surprising at all

Comcast has always been a "Screw you.....oh wait, you know how to tell other people how bad we are? Well let us help you then" company.

So I am not at all surprised that they want to "help" those who have the largest audience. (twitter, bloggers, reporters, etc)

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

2 recommendations

RadioDoc

Too little, way too late. During the 50 minutes I sat on hold last week I decided enough was enough. When a Comcast agent finally got around to my call told him that instead of dropping to a lower tier I was dropping them entirely. The dish went up today, and it'll cost half what Comcast was charging. Screw 'em.

This Twitter nonsense is little more than a PR move. If they were really trying to improve customer service you would not have to sit on hold with them during weekday business hours for almost an hour to get anything done.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Surprising an ATT fan is had CableTV especially after U-Verse is out!

DishTrash
@comcast.net

DishTrash

Anon

said by hottboiinnc4:

LOL! Maybe he wants to watch 2 hdtv streams AND surf the net at the same time?

LeftOfSanity
People Suck.
join:2005-11-06
Dover, DE

LeftOfSanity to RadioDoc

to RadioDoc
said by RadioDoc:

Too little, way too late. During the 50 minutes I sat on hold last week I decided enough was enough. When a Comcast agent finally got around to my call told him that instead of dropping to a lower tier I was dropping them entirely. The dish went up today, and it'll cost half what Comcast was charging. Screw 'em.

This Twitter nonsense is little more than a PR move. If they were really trying to improve customer service you would not have to sit on hold with them during weekday business hours for almost an hour to get anything done.
So its half of what Comcast was charging? Is it the exact same service? And what will the price be after the promotion?

RadioDoc

La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

It's $45 ($39.99 plus $5 for a second receiver) after a $23 promo discount which expires in January 2010. After that I'll be paying $68. Which, by that time, Comcast will be charging more than the $97 I was paying them for fewer channels. And there was no startup or installation fees, although I did tip the two guys working outside in 10 degree weather $20.
RadioDoc

RadioDoc to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
ATT fan? Have you been drinking?

U-Verse is not available here, by the way.
RadioDoc

RadioDoc to DishTrash

to DishTrash
said by DishTrash :
said by hottboiinnc4:

LOL! Maybe he wants to watch 2 hdtv streams AND surf the net at the same time?
That's funny, considerng that I couldn't even watch one HD channel on Comcast.

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

ztmike to Camelot One

Premium Member

to Camelot One
said by Camelot One:

Comcast has always been a "Screw you.....oh wait, you know how to tell other people how bad we are? Well let us help you then" company.
/End thread.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to RadioDoc

MVM

to RadioDoc
said by RadioDoc:

ATT fan? Have you been drinking?

U-Verse is not available here, by the way.
I was trying to figure that comment out too. With only your post and mine above it, neither of us in a Uverse area, I'm not sure who he/she was talking to.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to RadioDoc

to RadioDoc
said by RadioDoc:

although I did tip the two guys working outside in 10 degree weather $20.
Glad to see I am not the only one that appreciates this stuff. I started doing this years ago and it is amazing how people treat you when they know you appreciate them.

I always tip well when I get acceptable service from anyone. It goes a long way and people remember you and take care of you when you return for service.

RadioDoc

La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

I know what it's like...I often end up working on equipment located outside, in the middle of winter, in the middle of Minnesota. It ain't fun.

These two guys knew their stuff, got the job done right the first time and were polite and professional. All things that Comcast lacks.

Titus
Mr Gradenko
join:2004-06-26

Titus to RadioDoc

to RadioDoc
I so want to lose Comcast. My basic cable bill, no box - just a line, w/Comcast is $61 total for what ... 60 crap channels and change of which I watch ten - maybe? Ludicrous. They're penalizing me for not going up another $15 for the box and another dozen crap channels of which I'd watch two or three.

Problem here is trees. I'm surrounded by them.
--