Search similar:

uniqs
Quadnewb
join:2002-07-16
Boone, IA

Quadnewb

Odd packet loss, any suggestions?

Click for full size
As you can see my ISP isn't that great, but my question is what would cause that much packet loss to the radio on my roof?

Any ideas?
jesman
join:2008-12-28

jesman

Your ISP is a busy one?
have you tried latency?

maybe it is randomly dropping packet from your quene
shorthairedp
join:2005-11-21
united state

shorthairedp to Quadnewb

to Quadnewb
the first ho 31 ms is from your router to your gateway, which means your router, to your radio to their ap, probably through a switch and then a one side of a backhaul to the other side of a backhaul to a switch to your gateway. If thats the case, the 31ms isnt terrible, certain systems add a known latency which is acceptable if its consistent. Im guessing the next hop, where the huge latency is at is either still internal routing on their network, or they are reselling bandwidth on their connection. and that is the first hop to their provider. after that things look good.

But its still pointless for YOU to do this unless they request you to. If they already arent monitoring this then theyre not likely a very noteworth ISP and youre out of luck.

The issue likely has zero to do with the radio on your roof, that is most likely a layer 2 bridge that you wouldnt see in a traceroute. .1 is rarely used on a cpe.
Deal with it or cancel your service, those are your two choices.