how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

whocares0
Premium
join:2003-07-26

where can I find patch MS08-07

ir see if its already installed on my machine?

Saw this on cnn, & am concerned.

Downadup virus exposes millions of PCs to hijack
These will be machines that have not installed a patch from Microsoft known as MS08-067.

»www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/ptech/01/1···dex.html

Story Highlights
A new sleeper virus has now spread to more than eight million computers

Industry analysts say is one of the most serious infections they have ever seen

The worm exploits a bug in Microsoft's ubiquitous Windows software
Virus could allow its creators to hijack entire networks
your comments,welcome,,,
--
some know how listen to both side & discuss an issue,others have a closed mind & only know how to criticize

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by whocares0:

or see if its already installed on my machine?
Just download it again. It won't hurt to install it twice.

»www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=MS08-067
--
I spent most of my money on Women and Beer, and the rest I just wasted !

whocares0
Premium

1 edit

SipSizzutp,thank you sir

ALSO TO "Antiphisging" for bring this article back to the forfront again ,,

Downadup" Worm infects million of PCs in the past 24 hours,
I'am sure many appreciate your help.
jazzy

wow that google automatic is so cool,HOW can or where can i down load that automatic google,plz

--
some know how listen to both side & discuss an issue,others have a closed mind & only know how to criticize

ahulett
Premium,VIP
join:2003-02-02
Kirkland, WA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to whocares0

To verify installatoin, check the file versions of updated files using the information in this KB article:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 958644
MS08-067: Vulnerability in Server service could allow remote code execution
»support.microsoft.com/kb/958644

Hope this helps,
Aaron

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

amysheehan
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:1999-12-21
Huntington Beach, CA
kudos:9

3 recommendations

reply to whocares0

Current info from MS about this update [as of jan 2009]

BETA INFORMATION: This article discusses a Beta release of a Microsoft product. The information in this article is provided as-is and is subject to change without notice.

No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this beta product.
For information about how to obtain support for a beta release, see the documentation that is included with the beta product files, or check the Web location where you downloaded the release.

Microsoft has released security bulletin MS08-067. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
Home users:
»www.microsoft.com/protect/comput···810.mspxwww.microsoft.com/protect/comput···810.mspx)

You should consider Belarc Advisor updated to MS's latest releases to confirm whether this update is necessary or been re-released since Oct 2008 for your system. Read info here for latest Belarc update info and download links
»[App Update] Belarc Advisor Security Definitions 2009.1.13.3

-amy-
--
Proud Member of ASAP
DSLR Phishtracker

ahulett
Premium,VIP
join:2003-02-02
Kirkland, WA
kudos:2

2 edits

2 recommendations

said by amysheehan:

BETA INFORMATION: This article discusses a Beta release of a Microsoft product. The information in this article is provided as-is and is subject to change without notice.
It discusses Windows 7 Pre-Beta - hence this notice.

You could also check Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP (and show installed updates), or Programs | View Installed Updates on Windows Vista) to view installed updates and see if the update is listed there. It should show as something like "Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB958644)" on Windows Vista - I don't have a Windows XP system handy so I can't check the name there, but it should have the KB article number in it if memory serves.

-A

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
kudos:1

3 recommendations

reply to whocares0

Re: where can I find patch MS08-07

jazzy, microsoft has a search feature which you could have used to search for "MS08-067"..

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Yeah..but Google would find it faster. And heaven forbid if Jazzy gets on one of the pages Microsoft has redone. They don't look right on Fx and have gigantic horizontal scroll bars, text on top of text, etc. The pages used to look fine on Fx but not the new ones.
--
"The same ferocity that our founders devoted to protect the freedom and independence of the press is now appropriate for our defense of the freedom of the internet. The stakes are the same: the survival of our Republic". Al Gore, The Assault on Reason

Sheridan

join:2008-10-26
Sheridan, MI

1 edit
reply to whocares0

sorry, I see LMGTFY was alreadsy there!!!

whocares0
Premium

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to amysheehan

Re: Current info from MS about this update [as of jan 2009]

Click for full size
said by amysheehan:

No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this beta product.
For information about how to obtain support for a beta release, see the documentation that is included with the beta product files, or check the Web location where you downloaded the release.
==================================================

Microsoft has released security bulletin MS08-067. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
Home users:
»www.microsoft.com/protect/comput···810.mspxwww.microsoft.com/protect/comput···810.mspx)

You should consider Belarc Advisor updated to MS's latest releases to confirm whether this update is necessary or been re-released since Oct 2008 for your system. Read info here for latest Belarc update info and download links
»[App Update] Belarc Advisor Security Definitions 2009.1.13.3

-amy-
AMY Thank you so much d/l Belarc, all good, take care ok, Jazzy
--

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to Mele20

said by Mele20:

The pages used to look fine on Fx but not the new ones.
The pages look fine in FF but of course that assumes less aggressive Proxo filters

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2008

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

I don't see how Proxo could have anything to do with the gigantic horizontal scrollbar on the new pages or the text on top of text. I can't even get there on IE6. I believe it to be the Silverlight conversion which, while I actually like Silverlight, I think is a horrible thing to do to support pages and TechNet. Those are the last places that something like Flash Player and Silverlight should be foisted.
--
"The same ferocity that our founders devoted to protect the freedom and independence of the press is now appropriate for our defense of the freedom of the internet. The stakes are the same: the survival of our Republic". Al Gore, The Assault on Reason

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

1 recommendation

neither do i but then again i can't see what else causes such effect on your machine

Cudni

Lanik
Lab-nik
Premium,ExMod 2002-03
join:2001-06-25
San Francisco, CA
reply to Cudni

said by Cudni:

The pages look fine in FF but of course that assumes less aggressive Proxo filters
... and font settings.
--
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

amysheehan
Premium,VIP,MVM
join:1999-12-21
Huntington Beach, CA
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to whocares0

Re: Current info from MS about this update [as of jan 2009]

You are most welcome.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to Lanik

Yeah, I was just going to say before I read your post that is more likely the cause. Microsoft thinks everyone who uses Windows is either under 25 with perfect vision or blind. They don't seem to make much adjustment for the crowd inbetween those two extremes. Being Microsoft, and being support and technical pages, I think they should take extreme care to make those Microsoft pages easily readable by all. What they choose to do at MSN.com or even on general Microsoft pages is less of a concern to me and if they want to require 6pt font for msn I don't really care as I can find plenty of similar sites (assuming that sort of site even appeals to me). However, there is only one Technet and one Microsoft support site.
--