how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

geminijatt

join:2008-05-10

Tomato remote access

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble accessing my tomato router from outside my home network.

It was working fine until a few weeks ago. I have reinstalled tomato on my router but it still does not work.

I enabled remote access on port 8080 and have a dynamic dns running which updates the ip of the router.

When i go to the router site it gives me the login prompt but then after i hit OK it just states "transferring data" until i get the page load error in firefox.

What's odd is i can telnet to it but just can't access the web interface.

any ideas? is this a teksavvy issue or tomato issue?

Thanks

shopkins

join:2008-05-23
L4N8J7
i have been burned by no script on firefox many times . . . I an just so used to it i forget. Any chance an upgrade or a new install changed it? Otherwise it seems like your upload may not be able to provide the needed data.

geminijatt

join:2008-05-10
reply to geminijatt
hmmm,

well it seems i can access all the ports and send and receive data over them.

perhaps someone from teksavvy could enlighten me?

thanks

n3cr05c0p3

join:2009-02-06
Pittsford, NY
reply to geminijatt
I recently moved (same modem/service) and am experiencing a similar issue, I do not get the login prompt however. Attempts to remote access with port 8080 and also 8081 fail. One common factor is the use of dynamic dns, but I've also tried by IP.

Thoughts?

atmx093

join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC
Got the same problem when using MLPPP because of the MTU settings. I can't view crap when setting MTU at 1500, but can access the web interface remotely no problem when reduced at 1492 or 1452.

Give it a whack!

DabberDan

join:2004-11-15
Canada
reply to geminijatt
Maybe this will help... helped me.

»SSH issues using MLPPP v3alpha 4