spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ablatt
join:2001-08-03
Toronto, ON

1 edit

ablatt

Bell Internet Security Services - which A/V are they using?

What antivirus/antispyware/firewall product (and version) is Bell providing when you download their Bell Internet Security Services?

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium Member
join:2001-03-29
Canada

1 recommendation

Deadpool0

Premium Member

Radialpoint.
ablatt
join:2001-08-03
Toronto, ON

ablatt

Thanks.

Never heard of it.

rijswijk
join:2001-05-25
Canada

1 recommendation

rijswijk

check this link for more info

»www.radialpoint.com/en/h ··· home.php
Expand your moderator at work
RickStep
Premium Member
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON

RickStep to Deadpool0

Premium Member

to Deadpool0

Re: Bell Internet Security Services - which A/V are they using?

Radialpoint is the new name of a company formerly known as Zero-Knowledge Systems, Inc. in Montreal.

Radialpoint is essentially a system integrator. They purchased rights for software use from various companies and provide an integrated product that they sell to Bell and others.

From the Help, About Sympatico Security Manager:

Product Version: 6.0.2.29609
© 2002-2008 Radialpoint. All rights reserved. Radialpoint Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.

Certain portions of this software are under open source license from third parties, including bzip2 and associated library libbzip2, are Copyright (c) 1996-2000 Julian R Seward. All rights reserved.

Certain portions of this software contain and incorporate the proprietary property of Computer Associates International, Inc. Copyright (c) 2006 Computer Associates International, Inc. All rights reserved.

Certain portions of this software contain and incorporate the proprietary property of Authentium, Inc. Copyright (c) 2006 Authentium, Inc. All rights reserved.

Warning: this computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorised distribution or reproduction of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil or criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.

As you can see, some of the software content is owned by others.

In earlier versions there was a copyright notice for the defrag software, PerfectDisk from RAXCO Software.

Computer Associates probably provides the A/V portion.

As a former user of Symantec Products (Norton Internet Security and others) for 20 years, I tired of the performance cost imposed by Symantec.

The Bell/Sympatico product is good, can be loaded on all your computers, will update from anywhere and is cost effective at about $5.00 per month.

Additionally, the program updates itself. I no longer need to update the computers of family members.

The only complaint I have is that the time cost for Fraud protection is out of this world. Sites such as TV Guide regularly time out because it takes too long to authenticate. The same happens to NEWS links. It seems that they don't clear a server but clear every link. On sites that change hourly, the service is too slow. I leave it turned off. Use the free service incorporated into the various browser toolbars if you need fraud protection. They're at least fast.

Rick.

AV part
@mc.videotron.ca

AV part

Anon

said by RickStep:

Computer Associates probably provides the A/V portion.
Authentium does the AV part

Jeff_Paul
@dsl.bell.ca

Jeff_Paul to ablatt

Anon

to ablatt
Hi, I can download Bell Complete Security for free ( I use the Max 10 Service) but I currently have McAfee Security Center + Virus Scan + Firewall installed. Should I get rid of it and install the bell one or stay with McAfee?

Bob123
@dsl.bell.ca

Bob123

Anon

check out this site before installing
»forums.bell.ca/viewtopic ··· start=10

bob123
@dsl.bell.ca

bob123 to ablatt

Anon

to ablatt
wrong site above sorry