Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

karlmarx

join:2006-09-18
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

But, their stated purpose was to EDUCATE

Didn't the RIAA argue that the purpose of the lawsuits was to EDUCATE the public? I mean, that's what they originally told the judge. If they want to educate the 'tech-savy' public (i.e. downloaders), then by definition, wouldn't this be the best way to publicize the evils of downloading? Oh, wait, unless, of course, they have no legal standing with their lawsuits, and they are terrified that the public finds out. The **AssAsses only rule through ignorance and fear. A lot like the Bush Regime. Before bush, we didn't have the US Gestapho, and life was good. Bush, also, feared the educated public, because he and the anti-christ (cheney), didn't have a LEGAL leg to stand on, just like the RIAA.
--
The happiest countries are the most secular. The struggle AGAINST corporations is the struggle FOR humanity!

IT Guy
Ow, My Balls
Premium
join:2004-07-29
Las Cruces, NM

said by karlmarx:

Before bush, we didn't have the US Gestapho, and life was good.
Um... Yeah we did, his name was Sen. Joe McCarthy.

But getting back to the point-at-hand, who does RIAA think they are kidding? I educate my clients all the time about the shady tactics of RIAA. I'm all for fair use and unfortunately, RIAA's restriction of that is leading the (computer)ignorant masses to download "free" music, which is actually nasty malware that tricks them into buying their "virus scanner" to remove infections that aren't there. I've dealt with it twice this week. So, RIAA is a security and financial threat too! LOL! Did that even make sense? Sorry, it's been a long day.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by IT Guy:

said by karlmarx:

Before bush, we didn't have the US Gestapho, and life was good.
Um... Yeah we did, his name was Sen. Joe McCarthy.
One man is an organization? Really.

GESTAPO: GEheime STAatsPOlizei

So "Tail-Gunner Joe" was an entire secret state organization? He was more of a latter day witch hunter than anything else.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

IT Guy
Ow, My Balls
Premium
join:2004-07-29
Las Cruces, NM

SENATOR Joe McCarthy... You don't think he could have accomplished all he did without some support, do you?
--
My time is a piece of wax, falling on a termite, that's choking on a splinter. --Beck

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

But your remarks suggest that you think he did it all himself. Or that he ran the show. He was just a tool. The sad think is, your comment deflects attention away from the source of the issue.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum