spc
uniqs

mattmill
join:1999-09-03
Brunswick, ME

mattmill to tschmidt

to tschmidt

Re: myfairpoint

I don't remember getting a brochure. So will we be changing from @verizon.net to @fairpoint.net

matt

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

1 edit

tschmidt

MVM

Click for full size
Domain name for email changes from verizon.net to myfairpoint.net after Jan 31, they will continue to accept mail addressed to user@verison.net until April 30th.

DSL login does not change. Basically they are ignoring the domain name.

Here is an article from the Nashua Telegraph with more detail.
»www.nashuatelegraph.com/ ··· 01259956

I'm surprised you did not get a brochure from FairPoint. I assume VT/NH/ME will all be changed simultaneously.

/tom

redeye532
@verizon.net

redeye532

Anon

My card indicates that the Domain name for email changes from
verizon.net to myfairpoint.net so where did myfairpoint.com come from...is this something new???

Clem

tschmidt
MVM
Milford, NH

tschmidt

MVM

said by redeye532 :

where did myfairpoint.com come from...
Oops - I fat-fingered the address. Should be .net.

/tom

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

1 edit

mouseferatu to mattmill

MVM

to mattmill
said by mattmill:

I don't remember getting a brochure. So will we be changing from @verizon.net to @fairpoint.net

matt
I believe that I got your brochure and at least a dozen other folks' too...

I have 4 phone lines, all on one bill, so one would have sufficed- a dozen was overkill.

As of today, I believe that I have everything forwarded to a completely new domain, and will hopefully get all of my business customers headed in the right direction...

I do not want a "myfairpoint" address for business- it sounds as half-witted and fly-by-night as everything else has with this whole fiasco. All of my customers, contractors, sub-contractors, etc. know what "verizon.net" is, and at least they will know what the company is.

None of 'em would have a clue what "myfairpoint" is- sounds like a social networking site.

~ Arel

tschmidt
MVM
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

said by mouseferatu:

None of 'em would have a clue what "myfairpoint" is- sounds like a social networking site.
I don't use my Verizon, now Fairpoint, email address for anything other then official communication from them. So I really don't care what the domain name is. Having said that Myfairpoint domain name for email is silly. Glad I don't have to use it. Don't know why they could not have used Fairpoint.

/tom

mouseferatu
Too many cats, Too many mice
MVM
join:2004-03-16
Im not sure

1 recommendation

mouseferatu

MVM

Fairpoint would have been far more palatable for their business users, Tom. The Verizon address always gave an alternative to me that could be accessed easily outside the US 24/7, and wasn't dependent on internal work servers.

"myfairpoint" is just dippy, and doesn't work for anyone that needs a legitimate looking address... it works for nothing other than social contact.

They don't listen. And, IMO, they never will...

~ Arel

IndigoBunting
@verizon.net

IndigoBunting

Anon

I saw in one of the Nashua Telegraph articles that they created a brand new domain with the 'my' so that they could guarantee everyone their current user name. If they'd used just fairpoint, some of us would have had to change. But since we have to change the address everywhere anyway...

again
@verizon.net

again

Anon

I'm looking for another ISP, I agree myfairpoint is, well IMO a little feminine, plus they gave me the runaround during the ice storm. I think 20 days to come out and put up a new wire is a bit much.

Unless you go cable, Fairpoint owns your wires.

phonejocky
@verizon.net

phonejocky to tschmidt

Anon

to tschmidt
Yes, I think myfairpoint is dumb too. I can't even get my email to work and i followed the directions to a tee. I went to the web site twice to ensure that i was following the directions and then i tried to get someone on the phone, forget that! so now i have no email.
Kirby Smith
join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH

Kirby Smith to mouseferatu

to mouseferatu
I agree; use of "myfairpoint" strikes me as the professional equivalent of the search doggie in XP Pro.

kirby

Pissed
@myfairpoint.net

Pissed to phonejocky

Anon

to phonejocky
I WANT MY EMAIL AND I WANT IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!