spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

redeye532

@verizon.net

Thunderbird setup under Fairpoint any info ?

I havs some conflicting information on the POP & SMTP addresses I should be using to setup ThunderBird under Fairpoint. The card Fairpoint sent me says use POP email users set both incoming & outgoing server address to mail.myfairpoint.net, but when I go to this URL

»activate.myfairpoint.net/emailup···fari.htm

these setting are POP Server: pop.myfairpoint.net
SMTP Server*: smtp.myfairpoint.net

So if anyone happens to find setting that work please post them here.

Thanks,
Clem

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
Just checked and POP, SMTP and Mail.myfairpoint.net all resolve to the same IP address 64.29.151.102.

After the first of the month I'd use mail.myfairpoint.net per the card. If that does not work try POP/SMTP.

Remember transition does not occur until Feb 1st.

/tom

redeye532

@verizon.net
reply to redeye532
Tom,
Thanks for this info...
The Feb 1st is a new date I wasn't aware of.

Clem

redeye532

@rr.com
reply to redeye532
Just received an e-mail from FPT...they indicate to use
the mail.myfairpoint.net for both incoming & outgoing...so I'll be trying those setting 1st.

Clem

lobster11

join:2004-01-19
Brunswick, ME

2 edits
If I try to send e-mail using my primary myfairpoint.net email address then the server says invalid password, even though the password is valid for receiving e-mail. I can receive/send with my "sub-account" e-mail accounts that I've tested so far, and I also received an e-mail to my alias e-mail address. I’m using pop.myfairpoint.net and smtp.myfairpoint.net.

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
Milford, NH
According the the brochure and email I received change does not happen Until Feb 1. I'd wait until after then to make any changes.

/tom

redeye532

@verizon.net
reply to redeye532
Just tried sending from my VZN account to FPT e-mail account, and it worked...then tried from FPT to VZN also worked..things are happ'n in the background

Clem

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
Milford, NH
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
said by redeye532 :

Just tried sending from my VZN account to FPT e-mail account, and it worked.
Interesting must still be a work in progress. Just tried same test I did on Monday. Accepted, but did not deliver my "real" Verizon user name and rejected email alias. Using Verizon as domain still works.

/tom

gmail

@verizon.net
reply to redeye532
Why bother? Your changing emails from Verizon to Fairpoint, why not just take this chance to get a free gmail.com account. Its way better than anything your internet company can provide and you wont need to change your email address again. just my 2c

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
Milford, NH
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
said by gmail :

Your changing emails from Verizon to Fairpoint, why not just take this chance to get a free gmail.com account.
That is not the issue. Verizon and now FairPoint communicate with customers via ISP email address. So it is a good idea to keep it current and monitor it even if you don't use it.

Having said that I have my own domain so I use that address and I have a Gmail account that comes in handy. Don't think I've ever used my Verizon email address other to test it. Back years ago I was going though dialup ISP of the month - decided I'd register a domain so people would not lose track of me.

/tom

botayota

join:2008-05-19
Keene, NH
reply to redeye532
So far I've setup my main e-mail account under Fairpoint and I can send and receive to that, however I notice my subaccount that I had setup under my primary VZN account is not working...so I wonder how FPT plans to handle subaccounts and alias email accounts ??? If anyone calls fairpoint ask them about this.

Thanks,
Clemt

email

@verizon.net
reply to tschmidt
That is not the issue. Verizon and now FairPoint communicate with customers via ISP email address. So it is a good idea to keep it current and monitor it even if you don't use it.
I gotta admin, I've never even checked my verizon email account ever. I dont even know what the user/pass is. No biggie, I dont want to read verizon/fairpoint marketing stuff anyway.

Kirby Smith

join:2001-01-26
Derry, NH
Reviews:
·Fairpoint Commun..
reply to redeye532
According to some blurb somewhere on some Mozilla site I recently visited (is that specific enough?), Thunderbird will keep asking for a password if the server at the other end does not work as expected, even though the password has been saved. I observed this earlier this week trying to send email out via FairPoint's server.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I am waiting for tomorrow to seriously mess with my email accounts. I'll also have to change my ISP name in DSL Reports data base to get the left-hand frame correct.

kirby

redeye532

@verizon.net
reply to redeye532
Fairpoint changed the password I was using for my subaccount..truncated the last character. You can see your passwords by logging into your Myfairpoint account. Once I changed the subaccount password to what Myfairpoint had, and saved it under Thunderbird no problems now.

Clem