how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

botayota

join:2008-05-19
Keene, NH

Subaccounts/Alias e-mail accounts ??

How does Fairpoint plan to handle Verizon e-mail subaccounts & Alias e-mail addresses. My primary account seems to be working under Fairpoint, but not my subaccount address.

Clem

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
My understanding they will port everything over including subaccounts. I think you guys are jumping the gun a little. According brochure to cutover does not happen until Feb 1. I've tested sending mail and so far Fairpoint accepts mail addressed to my real email address but does not deliver it. Mail to alias is rejected. I'd wait until next week and see what happens.

/tom

lobster11

join:2004-01-19
Brunswick, ME
reply to botayota
Both are working for me. However see if you can send e-mail with your primary fairpoint e-mail address.

redeye532

@verizon.net
reply to botayota
All accounts are working now using Thunderbird

Clem

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to lobster11
Status Update looks like things are not completely set up:

1) Able to send and receive email from new Fairpoint SMTP server using Account ID.

2) Successful sending mail from by biz domain to new FP email name using Account ID.

3) Fairpoint still does not recognize alias. When I attempt to send from my biz account goes into a black hole. When I attempt to send using FP SMTP server gets rejected as an unknown user name. Both Account ID and alias are accepted and delivered if I send them to Verizon domain.

4) Sending either Account ID or alias addressed to old Verizon domain cannot be retrieved from mail.myfairpoint.net.

/tom