Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

Availability not the problem?

It seems to me that availability isn't the problem if the people who have it available to them aren't signing up. It looks like AT&T underestimated the uptake rate.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by Matt3:

It seems to me that availability isn't the problem if the people who have it available to them aren't signing up. It looks like AT&T underestimated the uptake rate.
Also, they probably already have a budget allocated for advertising/marketing. They merely have to change the target and content. Building more infrastructure costs more, no matter how you plan it.

The way I read it, they are simply looking for a way to reduce their spending over the next year. Rather than pull money from the marketing department, they opted to delay their build-out.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Matt3

Premium Member

to Matt3
said by Matt3:

This is an opportunity for them to upsell all their DSL customers to Uverse. Up to now they have been pushing rollout. Now they will spend some of the money they would have used to reach more areas and hire more sales people to get customers in the existing areas to switch to Uverse.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

I see. That makes perfect sense. Thanks guys.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to FFH5

to FFH5
Maybe they're fix the issues with VoIP on Uverse.

Many areas have Uverse TV/Internet but are still tied to POTS.

Could it be that they're going to..
a) Get VoIP working (i.e. Los Angeles area has no AT&T Uverse VoIP)
b) Create a usable bundle with cellphone/microcell tied into their Uverse service

CeaserChavez
@prserv.net

CeaserChavez to Matt3

Anon

to Matt3
*Cough* Labor relations *Cough*

papafrag
@ameritech.net

papafrag

Anon

Should not this great next gen service sell it's self?

By having to spend so much on marketing they should see for themselfs that the deployment of FTTN instead of FTTH is flawed.

Looks like short term savings will cost more in the long run.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

said by papafrag :

Should not this great next gen service sell it's self?

By having to spend so much on marketing they should see for themselfs that the deployment of FTTN instead of FTTH is flawed.

Looks like short term savings will cost more in the long run.
Don't know if it will cost more in the long run but U-Verse costs keep going up while Verizon's costs for FiOS keep going down.

XBL2009
------
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

XBL2009 to Matt3

to Matt3
said by Matt3:

U-verse is available here but it just cost to much for what you get. With a low priced satellite deal and super fast cable connection you get more for the $$$.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

1 edit

Veloslave to Matt3

Premium Member

to Matt3
said by Matt3:

I think their uptake rate just shows that the pathetic amount of IP pipe that is partitioned in project LITEonspeed is the major factor of no adoption by consumers. If I am going to pony up some $$$ for the next best tech... blah blah blah... I want more than 6 or 10 Mb down that they are promising. With just a decent comcast business connection (that anyone can get) I am pulling down 23Mb and I don't have to get a TV account to do it. (I can't believe that I just said something that could be considered a plug for comcrap)

C'mon pachell... wake up and fatten the pipe.