spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ultibeam
join:2008-05-27
USA

Ultibeam

Why get less for more?

I'm not in a U-Verse area but don't those areas already get advertisements of the service. If those didn't work then people don't want the service. In many cases cable internet is noticeably faster especially with upload. VDSL maxes out at 1Mb Up and cable can be around 2+ (5+ with Doc 3).
Fisamo
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Apex, NC

Fisamo

Premium Member

I'm in a very new U-verse area. They just announced the rollout earlier this month. Its availability around here is spotty--some areas of Cary and Raleigh are fairly well covered, other areas are very patchy. Despite the recent 'launch', there hasn't been much marketing of the service that I've seen, beyond the press release announcing initial availability.
Of course, there's a small VRAD farm about 1/4 mile outside my neighborhood in one direction and a fairly large VRAD in another direction, but is my neighborhood serviced? NO... I'm hoping, but not holding my breath.

For the sake of full disclosure, I'm not salivating over Uverse simply because it's AT&T or just because it's not TWC. Simply put, my options here are Clearwire, TWC/Earthlink (7M/384k regular, 10M/512k Turbo), or DSL (at my address, max of 1.5/256k, I think).