@myfairpoint.net
reply to greebs

Re: I got my email address changed

Thanks I am up and running.

cjb

@myfairpoint.net
reply to tschmidt

Re: Fairpoint switched over Verizon's alias names not username

I was okay until I let the "auto reconfigure" do its thing --> I could check my mail via my verizon settings, but my manually set myfairpoint seemed not to exist. After I did the web auto thing, it looks like my verizon-addressed mail is being forwarded, but I can't get to the myfairpoint folders...

no-one answers the phones - "due to unexpected volume..."; I've been booted out of the CHAT feature twice. Have been told my password can't be reset via CHAT - they're authorized [only] to help with manual settings...

greebs

@myfairpoint.net
reply to moonboy32

Re: I got my email address changed

Glad to hear it moonboy....Now why they didn't just explain how to do it that way in the first place is beyond me. With no step by step instruction on how to change your settings they are asking for problems with marginally computer literate people such as myself. It's almost as if they wanted there to be trouble changing over. I'm glad I had the guts to finally try and change stuff that I thought I really shouldn't be playing with for fear of really screwing things up even worse. It seems manual was the way to go. Quick and dirty and no aggravating tech support bologna.

Laconia

@metrocast.net
reply to Justcode

Heck guys, I've lost My internet connection all together!! :x
I've given up on Fairpoint. I'm having Metrocast install a cable connection today & dropping Fairpoint all together!

jadziedzic
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Nashua, NH

said by Laconia :

Heck guys, I've lost My internet connection all together!! :x
I've given up on Fairpoint. I'm having Metrocast install a cable connection today & dropping Fairpoint all together!
Wow! Given that you're posting from a metrocast e-mail address that must have been one fast install!

kep112

@myfairpoint.net
reply to greebs

greebs

Hello,
I had to un block Active x, so it could down load. And I had to do that for both my desk top and my lap top.

This worked for windows mail service that is like outlook Express. I have not used the web mail.

I hope you can get your mail soon. I know lots are still having problems.

greebs

@myfairpoint.net

kep....I'm all set now(see my subsequent posts after my original)....did it manually instead of automatically....it worked!...thanks for your reply and good luck

kep112

@myfairpoint.net

Great, you may see some of your emails that were sent to verizon, and then sent to fairpoint say they are spam, make sure you see who they are from. So far I have not had any problems, just a few delay.

snorander

join:2008-01-25
reply to Justcode

OK just when I thought everything was finally ok....Log into check my e-mail and all the e-mails in my inbox are gone...all the import sofware ativation codes and such that I had been saving, ups tracking numbers, etc gone, gone, gone! but there are still e-mails in my trash folder just not the ones that used to be in my inbox..now I am really pissed! I will try tech support again tonight (Still haven't been able to talk to a single person yet!!!!)

Comcast here I come...........F'ing FairPoint you suck!!!!!!

canaan

@myfairpoint.net
reply to Nafets3

FTP almost working

I was able to use a program called Core FTP LE to transfer files to and from my public folder at home.myfairpoint.net using my user name and password. What I would like to do but can't, is to open an FTP uploaded document using a browser. »home.myfairpoint.net/username/document.pdf doesn't work. It previously worked with Verizon using »mysite.verizon.net/restedkq/document.pdf What is the Fairpoint browser web address to reach FTP files? Any suggestions? Thanks

Paul_P

@myfairpoint.net
reply to greebs

Re: I got my email address changed - in Nashua, NH

Thanks!! Worked for me too. Others, if you're still stuck make sure you change your SMTP logon if you're using Microsoft Outlook. It's in a tab under your regular mail config screen when you go through Control Panel to change your settings in Windows XP.

Nafets3

join:2003-08-20

4 edits
reply to canaan

Re: FTP almost working

said by canaan :

I was able to use a program called Core FTP LE to transfer files to and from my public folder at home.myfairpoint.net using my user name and password. What I would like to do but can't, is to open an FTP uploaded document using a browser. »home.myfairpoint.net/username/document.pdf doesn't work. It previously worked with Verizon using »mysite.verizon.net/restedkq/document.pdf What is the Fairpoint browser web address to reach FTP files? Any suggestions? Thanks
Try moving that .pdf file to the /public folder and going to home.myfairpoint.net/username/public/document.pdf. That has worked for me.

If there is no /public folder, try logging into the "Manage Account" link at myfairpoint.net. After doing so click on the "EasySiteWizard Pro" link, and then the "Begin" button. In the new window that pops up, just create a site, any site. No need to change anything. Click the "Publish" button. A /public folder along with a few others should now have been created in your web space. Confirm this with your FTP client. You should now be able to view/download files FTP'ed to the /public folder, from your web browser...

It could also be that Fairpoint's web space server is down, which I've seen happening at random, over the past few days. Most likely caused by this whole "transition period" thing. Give it some time, and they should have it all squared away (hopefully)...

canaan

@myfairpoint.net

Thanks for the reply. FTP client works, public folder exists, but home.myfairpoint.net/username/public/document.pdf doesn't work. So I will blame it on the transition and the server and keep trying over the next couple of weeks.

One of the mailings I received from Fairpoint said:

"But don't worry, we'll forward all your files from your Verizon-hosted web space. Your web space will be activated automatically with all your folders and subfolders exactly as you created them, so you don't need to do a thing. We'll also redirect your old web space address to your new one for 1 month....."

It would be nice if they got the web space working before the 1 month free redirect expires.

Nafets3

1 edit

said by canaan :

Thanks for the reply. FTP client works, public folder exists, but home.myfairpoint.net/username/public/document.pdf doesn't work. So I will blame it on the transition and the server and keep trying over the next couple of weeks.

One of the mailings I received from Fairpoint said:

"But don't worry, we'll forward all your files from your Verizon-hosted web space. Your web space will be activated automatically with all your folders and subfolders exactly as you created them, so you don't need to do a thing. We'll also redirect your old web space address to your new one for 1 month....."

It would be nice if they got the web space working before the 1 month free redirect expires.
I had a number of files in my Verizon web space (all backed up to a USB flash drive), and none of them are or were in the Fairpoint web space. I'm chalking it up to me messing around with it too early. But no big deal for me.

I've played with it again now and here's what still works.

Put your files (document.pdf) in the /public folder, and access them at home.myfairpoint.net/username/document.pdf. The web space server is currently working, and viewing/downloading works for me this way, with a number of test files I've uploaded to the Fairpoint web space.

It's so wishy-washy right now; just have patience! I'm sure all of us mucking around behind the scenes doesn't help any, with what Fairpoint is trying to acheive...

franceslem

@myfairpoint.net
reply to Justcode

hi can you put on again bob

Danielle_marie

@myfairpoint.net
reply to Justcode

OMG!!! Still cant get to e-mail

I keep reading Fairpoint will have the problem fixed by the weekend, and it's Saturday and not fixed. It's only saying my password is wrong, but who knows. I've tried for days to get through to them and I cant. Anyone got any updates or things to try? Also Fairpoint posted an article saying the would credit no customer on there bill for the inconvience. Thats bogus. Thats horrible customer service.

Bob285

join:2008-09-10
Tenants Harbor, ME
reply to Nafets3

Re: FTP almost working

"It would be nice if they got the web space working before the 1 month free redirect expires."
Well for me redirection is not working. The old Verison site was locked for 5 days and now simply pops up and of course cannot be altered.
Fairpoint in hard copy & web info stated the web space url would be 'www.MyFairpoint.net/username'. It would have been nice to include the home. prefix.
Once I located the web space I found that it was populated but with a 11/01/08 version of the Verizon site. My 11/7/08 changes were not there. Using FileZilla I had to ftp (which worked) rebuilding the entire site from my 12/31/08 snapshot of the verizon site.
Now with no redirection I have to email all my known visitors of the new url.
I'm really not happy with this transition.
Bob_D

jagmanxke

@verizon.net
reply to Justcode

I lost all verizon incoming email on January 3lst. It took me three days and some 30 attempts to get fairpoint to agree that my password was correct. Moved out of Maine to FL and needed contacts so signed onto Gmail.
Now I have both after alot of work.

ddillaby

join:2009-02-08
Nashua, NH
reply to Justcode

I am still waiting for information from unFairPoint regarding personal web space. After reading some of the earlier posts, I located what I presume is my web space, however, it was transferred between 1:25 and 1:30 p.m. on 2 Oct. 2008, not 7:45 p.m. 1 Feb. 2009, when my Verizon pages were locked, but are still accessible. It would have been nice of unFairPoint to have told us how to access our pages, but likewise to use versions of the pages more current than October of last year!

ddillaby

join:2009-02-08
Nashua, NH
reply to Justcode

I just check my unFairPoint personal web pages and I am now getting an error 404, although I can ftp to the site currently, but who knows what is next?

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to Justcode

Status update

Mail accounts are working normally. Mail sent to @verizon.net or @myfairpoint.net, either as Account ID or alias, gets delivered.

Still not able to log into MyFairPoint.net to manage account.

Started a new thread about Usenet NNTP access. There has been no information about Usenet access as part of Verizon transition.

/tom

crad

join:2007-01-07
Essex Junction, VT

Hi Tom

I just logged into myfairpoint.net and was able to enter and manage my account. To do so however, at the login screen that asks for your primary email address I have to enter my verizon address as vzXXXXXX. If I try to enter my alias it will not accept it. This makes me wonder what will happen in April when those addresses go away, what will Fairpoint then see as our primary email address?

Unhappy

@myfairpoint.net
reply to Justcode

I sent a message on line and waited for hrs for a response
to my question but they did not get back with me.
Tried to call but the line is always busy.

Emails I send to my work account do not go because of our work filter they the company thinks it is spam. This stops me from going a lot of my work at home.

I am almost at the point of changing providers. I work in a customer service position and this is not acceptable.
I am sure M.P.U.C is full of complaints, this does not look favorable for the company.

Nafets3

1 edit
reply to crad

said by crad:

Hi Tom

I just logged into myfairpoint.net and was able to enter and manage my account. To do so however, at the login screen that asks for your primary email address I have to enter my verizon address as vzXXXXXX. If I try to enter my alias it will not accept it. This makes me wonder what will happen in April when those addresses go away, what will Fairpoint then see as our primary email address?
I would assume Fairpoint will use the vzexxxx@myfairpoint.net as your primary address, or assign one. The assigned one could be one of your aliases or something totally different (IE...randomgibberish@myfairpoint.net).

But who knows? We'll find out, for sure, when we reach that point...

Bob285

join:2008-09-10
Tenants Harbor, ME
reply to ddillaby

I too had the same happen to me. But as of 6:15pm on 2/9 the personal web space was repopulated by Fairpoint with a copy of the 12/31/08 verizon site. Of course this wiped out some adjustments I had made between 2-2-09 and 2-8-09. Easily corrected.
But there is still no redirection from the Verizon site to the Fairpoint site. This is a real pain for my visitors as I will have to email them to alter any bookmarks.

Bob_D

fairpointsucks

@myfairpoint.net
reply to Justcode

Fairpoint's switch from Verizon

Been waiting on the phone AND waiting for the live chat forever. After waiting for an hour and a half on Saturday I was told by the on line chat person that I'd have to wait 24 to 48 hours for them to switch me to a "new platform."
It's irritating enough to pay for no service, but can understand that sometimes things don't go as planned.
It's twice as irritating to spend hours waiting for someone to answer the phone. No excuse for that!!!!!
I sure miss Verizon.
I sure hate Fairpoint

jcnjc1

@myfairpoint.net
reply to Justcode

I got the same error message. I went back to make sure my settings were correct and some of my information had been erased. I called Fairpoint's 24 hr. hotline, but no one answered. Can someone help me? I've probably gotten this all wrong. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to crad

I tried both vze and the alias I set up - neither works to gain access to manage the account. I guess there must be a multiple databases. I though they were going to streamline things compared to Verizon.

Tried logging in both at the main page and manage your account. Tried with and without @myfairpoint.net domain name.

I sure am glad I don't need to use my ISP email account. I pity folks who do.

/tom