MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

Where are the drivers located in win2k?

Migrating a high end scanner with ADF to a new Win XP machine from an old 2000 machine.

Moved the SCSI card over, tried the updated Fujitsu drivers from the web, but when scanning from the ADF I get a strange error. SCSI card didn't need any drivers. It shows up in the XP device manager, plus it scans from the flatbed, so I don't think it has to do with the card.

On the old machine there were different drivers, but I can't source them anywhere. Are drivers stored in C:\WINNT\INF or some other path? Perhaps I could share this out on the old box, and in the new box point to that share after selecting Update drivers.

Just curious if this is possible or not. Last resort is trying Acronis Universal Restore to image the old system on the new hardware. I'm trying to swap out the PC's because the old one quite frankly, is slow. Its a PIII with 512mb of ram and just isn't cutting it anymore for document scanning.

Thanks for reading.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni

MVM

what is the error when scanning?

Cudni

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

1 edit

cypherstream

MVM

An abnormality has occurred during communication.
For details refer to the FUJITSU TWAIN 32 Scanner Driver User's Guide. (Code: DS41003).

Then it closes.

This is only when selecting ADF either Duplex or Front side.

But if I select flat bed it works fine, but that's not going to cut it, since they stack documents and let the thing run with it.

I've installed the twain scanner driver, isis scanner driver, kofax image processor, scandall 21 application and a patch for our document storage system. No dice. If I could just extract the identical configuration from the old pc, I should be in business. I didn't set up the old PC. That was done by a previous employee quite a while ago.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire

Cudni to cypherstream

MVM

to cypherstream
there might be a problem with ADF. did you check it was working fine before moving it?

Cudni

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

Well an end user was on that station in the morning and it was working. I didn't need to move the scanner, just move the scsi card from the old system to the new system and connect all appropriate cables.

I'm wondering if I should try Acronis Universal Restore on a spare hard drive, pop that baby in the new machine and have everything look exactly the same as they remember, although it's on better hardware. Only thing is that the old box is Win2k, and I would of liked to keep it on WinXP SP3.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

1 recommendation

OZO to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
To backup drivers installed on your computer you may want to run Driver Magician Lite. It's free and works wlll.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Wow looks like this is what i'm looking for. I'll give this a shot Monday Morning.
ChiTang
MVM
join:2002-08-23
Alhambra, CA

ChiTang to cypherstream

MVM

to cypherstream
Can you not download the drivers and apps from the MFR site?

For the SCSI driver, if it is not a proprietary controller that came with the scanner, may try to download the MFR's driver seperately.

Greg_Z
Premium Member
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL

Greg_Z to cypherstream

Premium Member

to cypherstream
They are in all installations of Windows the System32 Dir. For 95, 98, ME, they where in the System dir.