spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

addison

@murraystate.edu

A/V "out" on a vizio. I need some help guys!

alright i need some advice. Ive got a flat panel vizio tv with only av/component "IN" connections. I have a tuner where i can route the VCR, DVD, TV, radio, etc. etc. all to my surround sound speakers. To route the TV to the tuner, i have to have an "audio out" connection on the TV. Since there is no audio out on the TV, is there any way possible to make this work? like a special adapter or box. Just let me know if you have any idea and possibly and estimated cost for parts. if i need to revise this and make it more understandable, just let me know. thanks all!

Thespis
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.
Premium
join:2004-08-03
Keller, TX

Route the audio from all your devices to the tuner. Route all your video to the TV. There is no need to take audio out of the TV...

tigrzeye
Royal Security Svcs.
Premium
join:2007-07-18
LehighValley
reply to addison

Could you post the model # of the Vizio??

Also if you get your TV signal via cable or satellite box, then you would route the audio from those boxes to the receiver/tuner.
--
If you don't know ask. I ask a lot, know a little.

Thespis
Premium
Keller, TX

... and if you get your TV over-the-air, you can use the audio from your VCR tuner...

addison

@murraystate.edu
reply to addison

basically, i just want my TV sound to go to my surround sound instead of the speakers on the TV. I cant get audio out of my TV and to the tuner to make this happen.

Thespis
Premium
Keller, TX

1 edit

Let's start over.
How do you get audio to your TV? If you use L/R RCA connectors, split the audio going into your TV with two of these:
»www.google.com/products/catalog?···-sellers
Run one pair to your TV and the other to your tuner.
If you have coax running to your TV with both audio and video, you could use something like this, but it's pricey:
»www.cablewholesale.com/specs/rf-···0200.htm
This takes the CATV signal from the coax and splits it into separate audio and video signals which could then be routed to your reciever.

BoulderHill1

join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

said by Thespis:

Let's start over.
How do you get audio to your TV?
I would assume the OP doesn't "get" audio to his TV. The TV audio originates from the TV. The TV tuner provides the audio, and it plays over the TV speakers. He wants to take that audio and feed it to his A/V reciever but his TV has no audio out connections. You had advised him to route all audio to the tuner, but his TV is one of the audio sources, and it has no output connections. Kinda sucks for him.

I am doing with my gear exactly what OP is trying to do, as my TV has both red/white rca out as well as digital optical out. I have the digital out connected to my A/V unit. When I select the appropriate input on my A/V unit the sound from which ever channel I am watching on the TV comes out on the suround speakers, and if it is a Dolby digital broadcast then that is how it is played.

BoulderHill1

join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to addison

addison, you probably are out of luck on getting the sound from your TV to the tuner. Post your TV's model number, it would help us to get a look at it online.

As suggested already you may have to use alternate means of getting "TV" sound out of the surround speakers.

What is your source for TV programming? Cable, dish or other subscription service with a dedicated tuning unit? Are you using an antenna for over the air broadcasts?

Your answers will determine how you might get what you are after.

addison

@murraystate.edu
reply to addison

alright well as of now my roommate decided to switch rooms so ill get to use my old crappy TV. BUT, it has audio out so as of now, problem solved. thanks for the time guys. I hope i can help yall with any questions you have in the future.