spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dlakers24
join:2008-01-15
Dayton, NJ

dlakers24

DTA100??

any chance Comcast hands out these DTA's rather than the Comcast branded ones i saw that someone shared pics of in another post?

i have more confidence in a motorola DTA over a comcast one in reliability and performance.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

1 edit

rv65

Premium Member

The Comcast one is the Pace DC50X. A motorola DTA would be the same feature wise. Just a basic box. It really doesn't matter since it was designed to be vendor neutral.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to dlakers24

Premium Member

to dlakers24
If you've never used one.. how would you know? They look damn near the same.. and like the other guy said.. it's just a tier 2 tuner converter.. almost the same as the old fashion analog scramblers.. no thrills channel changers. Besides, they are given out with a few free typically. SOme systems give 2, some give 3.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to dlakers24

MVM

to dlakers24
Looks like the Moto one has a power button on it.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to dlakers24

to dlakers24
I don't know that Motorola makes that much of a better product?
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 edit

dishrich to dlakers24

to dlakers24
Considering that it doesn't at least have composite V/A outs EITHER, it's basically just as crappy as the Pace's, IMHO.
And as Greg says - the performance of it over a Pace is VERY debatable...

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to dlakers24

to dlakers24
The lack of Composite really puzzles me. Don't tell me its cost. I can buy a OTA digital tuner for $50 which has them.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

1 edit

cypherstream to dlakers24

MVM

to dlakers24
Looks like space is the issue for lack of composites. Even so a little dongle with composite jacks connected via a 6 pin DIN cable should take care of it.

You know the output of the mpeg decoder chip has to be in a baseband video format. You should be able to tap into it here right before it hits the channel 3/4 modulator.

What sucks is even if your TV has stereo speakers, how much do you bet that you will have to deal with mono sound?

Let's see...

Pin 1 to Video C
Pin 2 to Video Y
Pin 3 to Video Ground
Pin 4 to Audio L
Pin 5 to Audio R
Pin 6 to Audio Ground

Combine Pin 1 & 2 for Composite video or keep separate for S-Video.

markofmayhem
Why not now?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-08
Pittsburgh, PA

markofmayhem

Premium Member

Now, now... using forward thinking from companies such as Nvidia and ATI to resolve space issues is just ubsurd!

/sarcasm
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to cypherstream

to cypherstream
said by cypherstream:

Looks like space is the issue for lack of composites.
Not really, just remove the IR in jack (which will probably see VERY little use anyway ) move the ID sticker to the BOTTOM of the box, & there's ALL the space you need...