share rss forum feed

BBStores
Premium
join:2005-10-02
Stone Mountain, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

[Info] Is this the Second Battle of Atlanta ?

I have lived in metro Atlanta since 1974, worked in IT since 1978 and worked with Broadband technologies since 2004. I have never seen as many AT&T and Comcast trucks on the streets as I have in 2009. Could this be the Second Battle of Atlanta? A recent call to Comcast Business finds they offer HSI for $59.95 per month verses about $95.00 per month in 2005. What do you see?

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
join:2003-05-03
Atlanta, GA
kudos:1

Re: [Info] is this the Second Battle of Atlanta ?

Perhaps more of a rollout for U-verse, I know they are still going pretty strong in Atlanta. No new promos that are different than usual. But all companies want to start the new year off with a bang and a catch-up from the backlog of the holidays.
--
-M

xpkranger
Premium
join:2000-10-27
Atlanta, GA
reply to BBStores

Re: [Info] Is this the Second Battle of Atlanta ?

As long as the winner doesn't burn down the city and leave town. I'm cool with it.

/thanks Billy...

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
Atlanta, GA
said by xpkranger:

As long as the winner doesn't burn down the city and leave town. I'm cool with it.

/thanks Billy...
I dunno, that might be good to get our roads and sewers planned better. Start from sratch.

xpkranger
Premium
join:2000-10-27
Atlanta, GA
Well, there is that to consider...

Automate

join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA
reply to BBStores
With AT&T saying they are holding off on equipment spending this year »AT&T Slows U-Verse Build Out I wonder how many VRADs are still being installed for their U-verse service.

Someone is running new about 6" yellow plastic pipe down a street near me. They have about 30' sections of the pipe stacked up on the side of the road. Does anyone know is this for water, natural gas or phone/internet?

Mizzat
Will post for thumbs
Premium
Atlanta, GA
6" is highly doubtful for phone/data unless it is running right into a CO. Most likely water.

seederjed
Premium
join:2005-02-28
Norcross, GA
yellow is usually gas.

GhostDoggy

join:2005-05-11
Duluth, GA
reply to BBStores
said by BBStores:

I have lived in metro Atlanta since 1974, worked in IT since 1978 and worked with Broadband technologies since 2004. I have never seen as many AT&T and Comcast trucks on the streets as I have in 2009. Could this be the Second Battle of Atlanta? A recent call to Comcast Business finds they offer HSI for $59.95 per month verses about $95.00 per month in 2005. What do you see?
When Comcast took over Gwinnett county's Adelphia franchise, they raise the rates of their cable modem only customers from $42.95 to $57.95.

Only recently did they raise it again (to $59.95) and actually upgrade the service to 6Mbps. I am not sure if this was an even-handed penalty applied to all, or that the cherry homes in my area have lousy IFITL from BellSouth (ahem, AT&T; ahem2, SBC).

RogerADSL

join:2004-12-10
Lawrenceville, GA
reply to BBStores
I am an Early's side this time!