spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dave Brooks
@telegraphnh.com

Dave Brooks

Anon

Telegraph coverage of email problems

Pardon me for shamelessly trying to drum up readers, but I have a front-page story in the Nashua Telegraph today about the problems. Folks who read this forum already know everything that's in the story, but here it is:

»www.nashuatelegraph.com/ ··· 02039995

I also have a news blog item this morning, noting that problems continue. I've also contacted the Public Utilities Commission to see if they have an official response beyond what they had yesterday.
Nafets3
join:2003-08-20

Nafets3

Keep up the great work Dave. I'm a Telegraph subscriber, and I'm glad to see extensive follow-ups on this whole Verizon-Fairpoint transition, in local newsprint. This is definetly something that needs to be kept track of, as it effects such a huge number of people using not just telephone, but also Internet and VOIP.
lobster11
join:2004-01-19
Brunswick, ME

lobster11 to Dave Brooks

to Dave Brooks
E-mail is a mission critical application today. However the majority of my Verizon e-mail isn't getting through, even though my Fairpoint primary and sub-account e-mail addresses were all set up and working before the transition.

More important I haven’t received an email from Fairpoint acknowledging the extent of the problem with suggestions on how to fix it. That gives them away as a "fly-by-night" outfit, as many suspected. Also I logged on to my primary email account at myfairpoint.net and neither my alias email address, nor my sub accounts are listed.
lobster11

3 edits

lobster11 to Dave Brooks

to Dave Brooks
PS: Several years ago Verizon had a lot of problems with email from legitimate addresses being rejected by their mail servers. However Verizon quickly learned to be upfront with their customers about the problem, their system engineers’ efforts to address it, and a means for customers to communicate with Verizon system engineers about the problem. However Fairpoint Non-Communications seems to believe that cryptic communications to the media is the best way to communicate with customers concerning engineering problems related to the transition.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to lobster11

MVM

to lobster11
said by lobster11:

More important I haven’t received an email from Fairpoint acknowledging the extent of the problem with suggestions on how to fix it.
That is my frustration. With any conversion as massive as this there are bound to be hiccups.

The silence from FairPoint is deafening. The only info about the issue is what folks have found out on their own, speaking to FairPoint reps and Dave's articles at Nashua Telegraph.

/tom