Search similar:

uniqs

NHcustomer
@myfairpoint.net

NHcustomer

Anon

> FairPoint DROPS 768k speed. UP the price on 3 & 7mbps

NO 768k ?
'http://www.fairpoint.com/northern_ne/residential/internet/residential_high_speed.html'

With a call to FairPoint, they said only "Business" will be able to get the 768 Kbps service plan. But what about of the people already on it now? They said, Fine for now, but later they will need to migrate over to the 3 or 7mbps service plans.

Ok, this sucks for the ones that can't afford the cost of the higher speeds.(like me:(. Also I see the price is a lot higher then Verizon's. 'http://www22.verizon.com/residential/highspeedinternet/plans/plans.htm'

They then said "We are not Verizon. That is a different company". (Like I didn't already know that).

So I told her to just cancel my DSL, (just to see if there is any better deal). she said, sorry can't do that. |WHAT?!|I said) We are still in the transition process so you would need to call back later this month to cancel.

I said nothing then hung up.

Well I guess this would be good news for the ones that would like wished for the 7mbps. @ $39.99 two bucks more than Verizon.

Slang> Oh wait, we can't have Verizon any more!

PS.. I HATE VERIZON but I HATE "un FAIR POINT" even MORE !
Nafets3
join:2003-08-20

Nafets3

Just hold your horses. No need to be so drastic this early in the changeover. You can't expect any of the customer service reps to have the correct information on services as Fairpoint is still working that all out. It's just as likely Fairpoint will grandfather over 768K DSL users, with no speed change or price increase. But as soon as you request a speed change or new contract, they may make you go to the higher speeds.

Just give it some time...
pcme2000
join:2008-01-17
Bangor, ME

pcme2000 to NHcustomer

to NHcustomer
I live in Maine and Fairpoint keeps saying that they have the 7kbps around my house but when you ask for it they say it isn't here yet. I would gladly pay $39.99 for 7 kbps. I pay $29.99 for 3.0kbps

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to Nafets3

MVM

to Nafets3
Agree with Nafets3 See Profile. I called FairPoint back in July to renew my annual contract to get lower monthly price. Was told FairPoint was not doing contracts and I was grandfathered at contract rate 29.95 per month.

As an aside I asked to be upgraded from 1500/384 to 3000/768. Verizon had always refused because I'm a little too far. FairPoint rep said the same but system allowed him to order the upgrade. Been at 3000/768 ever since.

I would not place too much stock in anything FairPoint reps say at this point. Wait for things to simmer down a little.

/tom
Nafets3
join:2003-08-20

1 edit

1 recommendation

Nafets3

said by tschmidt:

...As an aside I asked to be upgraded from 1500/384 to 3000/768. Verizon had always refused because I'm a little too far. FairPoint rep said the same but system allowed him to order the upgrade. Been at 3000/768 ever since...

/tom
That's pretty awesome! A very positive sign that Fairpoint isn't just following in Verizon's footsteps. With a little more leeway, it remains to be seen that other users may also be allowed to move to faster services *just* outside their reach.

With their commitment to expand services in current areas and to more rural areas, there is a good chance Fairpoint's DSL footprint will expand to more than (and faster than) what Verizon ever would have considered in the tri-state NH-VT-ME area...
Expand your moderator at work
jadziedzic
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Nashua, NH

jadziedzic to Nafets3

Premium Member

to Nafets3

Re: > FairPoint DROPS 768k speed. UP the price on 3 & 7mbps

said by Nafets3:

That's pretty awesome! A very positive sign that Fairpoint isn't just following in Verizon's footsteps. With a little more leeway, it remains to be seen that other users may also be allowed to move to faster services *just* outside their reach.

With their commitment to expand services in current areas and to more rural areas, there is a good chance Fairpoint's DSL footprint will expand to more than (and faster than) what Verizon ever would have considered in the tri-state NH-VT-ME area...
Nice rose-colored glasses you have there. These folks are clearly out of their league: they've pissed off lots of customers with their "superior customer service", many who will switch to Comcast, they're losing land lines like crazy, their stock is in the crapper, they've lost some of the bankroll they originally had due to investment house failures, and you think they're going to have money to spend upgrading their plant?

I'm just waiting for them to approach the NH PUC to ask for a rate hike to pay for all those extra customer "service" people they had to hire to work through their screw-ups.

Beth F
@myfairpoint.net

Beth F to NHcustomer

Anon

to NHcustomer
Hello, I work for FairPoint. We still are offering the 768 kbps option for residential customers, we are not just actively promoting it on www.fairpoint.com. As customers have a choice when it comes to high-speed Internet, prices tend to fluctuate. If you call 1-866-984-2001 after February 9, a service representative will be happy to review pricing and speed options if you are still interested.

bowyer
@66.152.213.x

bowyer to NHcustomer

Anon

to NHcustomer
I have recently been forcibly switched to Fairpoint and so far I have nothing good to say about my experience. I have lost services (such as being able to pay online), have have lost access to my email, (about 1/2 of what I get sent makes it to my computer). The customer service over the phone has been poor. With respect to Nafets. I don't want to wait for them to figure it out on the fly. This is my life and my business we are talking about. If I don't get emails, I don't get orders and I lose money. I also lose the confidence of my customers if I can't reply to them in a timely manner when they email me.
I rarely had problems with Verizon. Fairpoint should have worked this stuff out BEFORE switching over. My other beef (not really Fairpoint's fault) is that I really have no other choice. It is them or Comcast. I already have a dish and I have no wish to switch to cable or I would leave Fairpoint in a heartbeat.
jadziedzic
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Nashua, NH

jadziedzic

Premium Member

Depending where you live you may be able to get DSL from some other provider (gwi.net, for example). It would still be delivered over physical wires owned by FairPoint, but it might be more palatable for some folks to use an alternate provider instead of dealing with FP directly.
FredFredrick
join:2008-12-04
Laconia, NH

FredFredrick to NHcustomer

to NHcustomer
I've been dying for the 7 mbps plan in NH, but the first few times I called, it wasn't available yet. The last time I called they told me the migration was happening, and that I should call back later. They're not just doing that to you- they're doing it to everyone.

As soon as it's available, I'm getting the 7. I'd pay $50/month for the 7 mbps service.
Marckus0513
Just Because
join:2003-01-11
Vernon, VT

Marckus0513 to bowyer

to bowyer
Once the cutover is complete online bill pay will be back. As far as customer support hopefully it will get better after the cutover as well. Did you give out your new Email addy to all your customers and friends? The verizon Email forwarding is suspect to me so I made sure that all my contacts have my new Fairpoint email addy and I have been getting all my email as far as I know. Verizon is the one who dropped that ball on the email thing they gave incomplete data to fairpoint as far as email accounts go and they are the ones responsible to foward all of your old Verizon.net email to your new Fairpoint email.

Is Fairpoint perfect?? No, but give them a break they are switching over all their computer systems to new ones with data that Verizon is giving them. Lets give them a chance to work it out.....

Marckus