spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from Well,
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

jc10098 to wifi4milez

to wifi4milez

Re: Well,

Um you're just hilarious. If you outlaw guns, knives, and deadly weapons.. you basically have Europe. A continent with a VERY LOW MURDER RATE and CRIME RATE in many of it's countries. Strange huh. People learn not to kill one another. As for outlaws having guns, that's why you make it a stiff ass penalty to own one. Caught not turning in your gun, it's life imprisonment. Let's see how well that bodes for people having them =).

Not that I believe we should take away guns.. but you're logic is so far fetched and IGNORANT it isn't funny.

............. And now you FINALLY GET IT through your head. YOU ARE NEVER SAFE IN LIFE. No matter what you do, there is risk. Finally, it sinks in. So what you are saying and finally agree with me, is you have to take a risk to live life. Do you want the government STEPPING IN EVERY ASPECT of your life, to try to keep you safe. You seem to think they should. Terrorism is a MINOR THING in the over all scheme. It has happened MORE AT THE HANDS of ordinary Americans than by foreigners. So what do you suggest. We go on a wild goose chase? Obviously, that doesn't work. We've had 6 or 7 school shootings since 2001. Those are acts of terrorism by all definition. Some kid with his fucked up ideology grabs a gun, wants to prove to the world something, and goes on a shooting spree. His motive? To instill terror, fear, and incite violence to make others modify their way of life. That's the whole definition of terrorism. It's not how many you kill, but the lasting changes you force because of your actions. So what will your NSA wiretapping do to stop that? o wait, nothing. We've prob had 20 or 30 school shootings in a decade. So how come those are still happening? Listen, you won't EVER UNDERSTAND but you stepping foot outside is a risk. Live life, and go about your normal routine. If you want to remain safe, build a padded room and never leave home.

Otherwise, recognize you don't need Big Brother in your life. The odds a terrorist get you are FAR OUTNUMBERED by the fact you could walk down the street and get hit by a car, murdered, or die in a traffic accident.

That's the whole point. You finally just proved what I have been saying ALL ALONG to be true. Now to see if ytou ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THIS SENTENCE.

ranpha
Premium Member
join:2004-09-24

ranpha

Premium Member

Europe, a continent with VERY LOW MURDER RATE and CRIME RATE?

Yeah, right!

I presume that you are American to say things like that, because if you are an European like me (although I am now in Asia) you would know that this isn't true. maybe yes in Scandinavian countries but not in your usual Western Europe countries.

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

wifi4milez to jc10098

to jc10098
said by jc10098:

Um you're just hilarious. If you outlaw guns, knives, and deadly weapons.. you basically have Europe. A continent with a VERY LOW MURDER RATE and CRIME RATE in many of it's countries.
Once again it appears (for you at least) as if ignorance is bliss.
said by Interpol crime statistics (violent crimes including murder) for 1995 :
(rate per 100,000):

5278 - US
8179 - Germany
6316 - France
7206 - England & Wales

jc10098

jc10098

Failing at Failing. What a NOVEL IDEA. 1995 IS OLD DATA. Here's numbers from interpol in 2004. There are other numbers I found on the web. However, let's use these as a baseline. Much newer than 1995

»www.unodc.org/documents/ ··· 2009.pdf

Notice the U.S. has a low rate of 5.6 and high of 5.9 per 100,000. JUST ABOUT EVERY COUNTRY in Europe is BELOW OUR MURDER RATE. So obviously, your old statistics are just PLAIN WRONG. You need to stand correct. Now, if you want to use your INFAMOUS WIKIPEDIA as a source, here are more detailed stats. Less verified I imagine.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li ··· der_rate

U.S. based off these stats 5.6 to 5.7

Countries LESS than U.S.

Norway
Greece
Denmark
Austria
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Germany
Iceland
Italy
England / Wales
Slovenia
Belgium
France
Poland
Cyprus
Malta
Ireland
Portugal
Croatia
United Kingdom
Hungary
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Macedonia
Sweden
Romania
Scotland
Finland
Switzerland
Bulgaria
Spain
Albania

Countries HIGHER THAN THE U.S.

Georgia
Moldova
Estonia
Ukraine
Belarus
Latvia
Lithuania

and

Russia which isn't apart of Europe depending on ones argument

7-8 Countries are HIGHER than the U.S.
32 Lower

So do you wish to take the HORRIBLE WALK OF SHAME to PROVED WRONGVILLE.

wifi4milez
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by jc10098:

Failing at Failing. What a NOVEL IDEA. 1995 IS OLD DATA. Here's numbers from interpol in 2004. There are other numbers I found on the web. However, let's use these as a baseline.
You never cease to amaze me. Do you even look at the links before you post them???
said by jc100's 'data' attempting to disprove me (but failing as usual!) :
Homicide rates per 100,000 population by region and subregion, 2004

-North America, 6.6
-East Europe, 8.1
-West and Central Europe, 1.5

Hence, reviewing the data indicates that Eastern and Western Europe together yield a murder rate of 9.6 per 100,000 (8.1 + 1.5). Thats a full 31% higher than it is in North America! This is getting old, isnt it past your bedtime?
jc10098

1 edit

jc10098

EAST EUROPE in the report is 4 Countries!!!!!!!!!

I listed EVERY COUNTRY IN EUROPE with a lower rate than ours. According to Interpol, East Europe =

Belarus
Moldova
Russia
Ukraine

WOW 4 countries. There are 32 in the ENTIRE EUROPE THAT ARE LOWER THAN OURS and 7 or 8 (Depending if Russia is included) that are higher.

Do you bother reading or just like selectively looking for numbers on a LIMITED data spread to TRY AND LOOK INTELLIGENT

Failing at failing. You put a WHOLE NEW MEANING to this sentence.

wifi4milez
New York, NY

wifi4milez

said by jc10098:

EAST EUROPE in the report is 4 Countries!!!!!!!!!
Wow great point! However the United States is just one country so comparing it to four is pointless! Furthermore, the murder rate is just one component of violent crime. For instance, stabbings are exponentially higher in the UK and Ireland. In fact, according to the BBC violent crime in Ireland rose 131% in the year 2002 as compared to 1999. The bottom line is that the United States is one of the safest countries in the world, every statistic will confirm that. The crime rate has continued to go down in most major cities over the past decade, and national security has dramatically improved. Why dont you take a guess why?

»news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/worl ··· 0781.stm
jc10098

jc10098

Great Point. I know my points are Great. I compared the U.S. to 40 Countries 1 by 1.

32 / 40 RATED LOWER THAN US.

Notice I listed EACH COUNTRY. I did not say EUROPE to North America. Europe is a Continent. You might not know that because school and you never got along. I'd be amazed if you graduated high school. So Europe in the sense of countries to the U.S. on a 1 to 1 ratio. YOU FAIL at your point, I am absolutely correct. MOST COUNTRIES IN EUROPE ARE FAR SAFER THAN THE U.S.

So what if crime rose?

In 2004 32 of the 40 countries were WELL BELOW US in murder standards. PROVEN WRONG.

No just admit it. You can't even argue properly. Now you're backed into a corner and got nothing to say.
This is a sub-selection from Well,