uniqs
NewsAdmin
join:2009-02-13

1 recommendation

NewsAdmin to Dave Brooks

to Dave Brooks

Re: NNTP News

said by Dave Brooks :

Jill Wurm wasn't certain, but I believe they plan to still offer Usenet access as soon as they figure out what the problem is. I'm not certain, however; there hasn't been any official statement about it.
"jadziedzic" mentioned that there has been a functional NNTP address (news.fairpoint.net) so I think you may be right about the current access hiccup being related to the cutover mess as opposed to Fairpoint discontinuing Usenet service.

From what I've read & heard this wasn't a minor cutover, so as annoying as these disruptions may be, they're usually inevitable given the size of the transition. With that said Fairpoint could probably do a better job of keeping customers in the loop lol.

Bob / NewsAdmin.Com

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

said by NewsAdmin:

Fairpoint could probably do a better job of keeping customers in the loop
Wow Ya think! Official info from FairPoint is nonexistent. Luckily my DSL is working as advertised. ISP Email and Usenet is not important enough at this time to spend hours on phone or chat sessions with support folks unable to address issues.

»www.myfairpoint.net/fair ··· dex.aspx

»www.fairpoint.com/

»www.fairpoint.com/news/p ··· INAL.pdf

To her credit Jill Wurm has posted a couple of times but David Brooks of the Nashua Telegraph is our only real FairPoint contact. Be nice if other local papers, especially in VT and ME, were as connected.

/tom