Premium Member
join:2003-02-20
Salisbury, NC
·Hotwire Communic..

Chiyo

Premium Member

Buying though Amazon members?

Hey everyone,

I'm possibly looking at getting some very rare long time out of print anime DVDs that I found on Amazon.com but its not Amazon selling them its members.

Because the DVDS are 122 dollars I really don't want to risk a large payment. The seller has a great 99% rating and what not but I once purchased (12 dollars) a dvd on eBay and it was counterfeit.

What kind of rules and what protection do I have going though the buyers on Amazon.com?

Thanks.

Tzale
Proud Libertarian Conservative
Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro

1 edit

Tzale

Premium Member

I've yet to be burned by purchasing through Amazon members... I don't know if they offer any sort of protection, but if you are purchasing from someone with great feedback, in addition to NUMEROUS feedback, you will be alright... If the person has only sold 5 things at 99%, then it might be a little more questionable.

I've probably made at least 50 purchases so far through Amazon Marketplace with no problems.

-Tzale
broccoli
join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR
Draytek Vigor2860Vac
EnGenius EAP600
Obihai OBi100

broccoli to Chiyo

to Chiyo
You mean Marketplace?

So far I have had good luck with my Marketplace dealings, but then I haven't bought DVDs. If you read the guidelines, you'll see they [Amazon] have some kind of guarantee.

Just curious, what DVDs are those that are worth that much? I can imagine paying that much for collectible LDs, but DVDs, nah. I bought a sh*tload of 'out-of-print' DVDs from TRSI over the years for very little.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo

Premium Member

Its a complete boxset (12 dvds 176 episodes) of Marmalade Boy an anime from the early 90's that is no longer being produced and I loved the show the first time I wathed it and have been trying to find it.

Thanks for all the replies.
broccoli
join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR
Draytek Vigor2860Vac
EnGenius EAP600
Obihai OBi100

broccoli

said by Chiyo:

Its a complete boxset (12 dvds 176 episodes) of Marmalade Boy
Meh. Typical shojo fare, fake siblings. To be honest I managed, with some difficulty, to collect the manga series (TokyoPop translation) shortly after it went out of print, and was a little disappointed with the story.

I would rather see real siblings in action instead.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo

Premium Member

Koi Kaze is on my netflix list

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to Chiyo

Premium Member

to Chiyo
I bought the entire X TV series not too long ago from an Amazon Marketplace seller. I got both volumes of the box set for about half the price of a new set. They were slightly used, but in very good condition.

Unrelated to the topic, but another example of saving by buying through Amazon Marketplace sellers was my purchase of the Yes: In A Word box set for $30, again roughly half the price you would pay vs. new.

Blast 420
join:2007-10-04
Tampa, FL

2 edits

Blast 420 to Chiyo

to Chiyo
said by Chiyo:

Koi Kaze is on my netflix list
Just to let you know ahead of time there is no real action in Koi Kaze, just lots of drama and awkwardness.

AbBaZaBbA
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Wildomar, CA

AbBaZaBbA to Chiyo

Premium Member

to Chiyo
you should be fine. You can do A2Z guarantee if there are problems.

Chiyo
Save Me Konata-Chan
Premium Member
Salisbury, NC

Chiyo to Blast 420

Premium Member

to Blast 420
could care less abouts action its all about the drama!

Blast 420
join:2007-10-04
Tampa, FL

2 edits

Blast 420

said by Chiyo:

could care less abouts action its all about the drama!
I agree with you there, its just that lots of people who want to watch it seem to think that due to the subject matter there will be "action" of some sort so iv made it a habit to let people know before they watch it that there really isn't, also be prepared for some very awkward moments.